Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Thanks to this stupid draw he misses 2 games!! FMD.

I mean it’s impossible to predict when you make the fixture and have a team play 3 games in 12 days and there is a 12 day concussion protocol.

Just completely unavoidable.

No way to have known absolutely at all.

Reactions: 1 users
He must get those dumb 50's out of his game. Completely selfish. Almost daring the umps to keep penalising him.

Anyone arguing against that 50 is a fool. He must know umps are not going to give him any tolerance. He will not get treated like Cripps or Bont or Pendles. Don't give them an opportunity.

Do we get the same 50's? No. Langford did exactly the same thing earlier in the game, no 50. They got a goal from the subsequent play. But there is no excuse for Shai. I hate the way he is treated but continuing with the same behaviour is not the answer. I would hope the club is making some noise behind the scenes about it but I doubt it.

Is it racism? Jealousy? Who knows. Does not matter. Suck it up and get that *smile* out of your game Shai. He is a generational talent.

Moved freely last week. And found some form tonight.

Must. Not. Play. Tall.
Yeh, it's OK when he plays from behind and jumps on their heads but that was a hospital ball given his position. Perhaps Lefau could have protected him and kept his opponent away. Probably didn't realise it was Shai. Good lord that looked dangerous and painful. Tough kid.

I mean it’s impossible to predict when you make the fixture and have a team play 3 games in 12 days and there is a 12 day concussion protocol.

Just completely unavoidable.

No way to have known absolutely at all.

This doesn't fit the PRE Richmond persecution complex narrative though

• Haha
The club website has him missing 1 week. Are we missing something about the concussion protocols?

Reactions: 1 user
Shai was hit in the head. Clearly, given the time left in the game, he had to go off and be assessed for concussion.
yes, no club would leave a player on after a big head hit in the dying minutes of a close game, claiming he was fine, only for delayed concussion symptoms to appear the following day. that would be a *smile* thing to do by a *smile* club with a *smile* coach.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
yes, no club would leave a player on after a big head hit in the dying minutes of a close game, claiming he was fine, only for delayed concussion symptoms to appear the following day. that would be a *smile* thing to do by a *smile* club with a *smile* coach.

Surely any club who did this would be severely penalised by the AFL . . . no?

DS

Doesn’t the afl supposedly had spotters in the ARC to alert club doctors of any potential concussion incidents?
I’m not sure if they're trained medicos or not.
But surely if they see and instruct a club doctor that a player needs to be assessed that should be the start. Then an assessment, the quick one or the SCAT 5 or whatever it is should be mandatory.
If the player doesn’t come off the ground, he should be stood down for the 12 days regardless.
That would stamp a lot of the scammers trying to con the umpires. Off the field to be assessed. Automatic. If they don't they're stood down. Automatic.
Clubs and players will push rules to the limit, or just past it if a games on the line. Clubs and coaches that declare the players well-being is paramount is often *smile*.
It’s time the afl took the decision making away from the player or club as in Cameron’s case. If they were serious about concussion issues.

Still haven’t heard definitively whether he can play On the 12 day? Nobody seems to know
It will be 12 days at about 9.30pm Thursday night

should be ok in the hawthorn game. Lining up with his mentor Dusty. Will be a game to remember. Go Tigers
That will be 3 weeks since the hit. We need him against Adelaide 12 days after the hit to help stop any rorts..rhorts...roots...? wroughts..routes

Has he been training???
He is a huge out so would be nice to know exactly how the concussion 12 day protocol works. And yeah is there any other soreness besides the head concussion issue because the Lefau knee hit the top of the spine Hard..!

• Sad
He is a huge out so would be nice to know exactly how the concussion 12 day protocol works. And yeah is there any other soreness besides the head concussion issue because the Lefau knee hit the top of the spine Hard..!
Don’t think we’d be rushing him back at million miles an hour , relax

It was bad by Bolton to stand directly in front, should be front and square but it was triple BAd by Lefau not to drop hid knee when he saw Bolton in front.
I was really angry towards lefau on Saturday night. But watching the replay Bolton shouldn't have been there