Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Looks a little Peter Matera like. Love his lob kick and fade away at sped in the all stars game.

Can we take #7 off Lennon and give to the Shai boy, Shai boy. Skinny s a rake, stands on peoples heads, dodges and weaves, WAer and indigenous. He hits most of the criteria to take Michael Mitchell's number.

Gee Spook got me excited with giving him Mitchell's number.

Gee wasn't he a player, briefly who got cut down by injury due to his courage.

Who can forget his mark and goal of the year!!

I really think he is a chance to debut early next year but trying ever so hard to keep things in check. He is only 17.

Let's hope he is allowed to show his X factor flair and not be held back from the coaches.

Loved watching Mitchell play, was at the SCG when he did his 7 bounce goal and sadly also witnessed that head high hit by Rhys-Jones that shortened his career.

5SKULL5 said:
Loved watching Mitchell play, was at the SCG when he did his 7 bounce goal and sadly also witnessed that head high hit by Rhys-Jones that shortened his career.

Mick martin ended his career in a practice match.

RICHMOND’s small forward recruit Shai Bolton has the potential to be the best forward to emerge from this year’s draft according to recruiting expert Gary Buckenara.

The Tigers snapped up Bolton with its first pick, No.29 overall, adding more pace and smarts around goal to partner Daniel Rioli.

In an online chat with Herald Sun readers, Buckenara, who helped build Hawthorn’s threepeat premiership list, declared Bolton has the traits to become one of the best prospects of the 2016 draft class.

RECAP GARY BUCKENARA’S LIVE CHAT BELOW AS HE REVIEWS YOUR CLUB’S DRAFT PICKS

“The best forward ... that’s a tough question. It won’t be one of the tall forwards, I think it’ll be one of the smaller players like Shai Bolton because if the penny drops he could become a really exciting prospect,” he said.

Buckenara Bolton to be given a taste of senior football for the Tigers next year but needs to work on his fitness.

“Shai Bolton’s area for improvement is in his fitness and endurance, he’s very much an impact player at present as he comes in and out of the game far too often so better fitness levels should help that,” he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/chat-with-gary-buckenara-as-he-reviews-your-clubs-2016-draft-picks/news-story/b432ec9d71d138712d72c37b2f2b3afe

Heard a story today about the Shai Bolton pick that I must make clear I have no idea if it is true or not. I was told by someone who I know who is pretty well connected at the Pies that they were very peeved when we picked him because they were going to pick him at 30. The story is that Balmey knew they were seriously into him and they are not happy with the big fella !!

There may have been a bit of pay back in the Kirby pick

Makes a good story even if it isn't true

Sintiger said:
Heard a story today about the Shai Bolton pick that I must make clear I have no idea if it is true or not. I was told by someone who I know who is pretty well connected at the Pies that they were very peeved when we picked him because they were going to pick him at 30. The story is that Balmey knew they were seriously into him and they are not happy with the big fella !!

brett anderson has confirmed this to be true on twitter

Sintiger said:

I'm certain they would have been interested, many good judges had Bolton in the top 20. McClarty at pick 30? A fair reach in my opinion, I reckon the Hine Midas touch is fast evaporating, when he took Sier last year I was pretty gobsmacked.

bullus_hit said:
I'm certain they would have been interested, many good judges had Bolton in the top 20. McClarty at pick 30? A fair reach in my opinion, I reckon the Hine Midas touch is fast evaporating, when he took Sier last year I was pretty gobsmacked.

Hine should've been given the ass after his disastrous picks in broomhead, Kennedy, Scharenberg and freeman
I recall only one draft he did ok in when he took penderbury and Thomas. The rest are Beck like

Sintiger said:

These sort of stories are as common as "can't believe he fell to that pick" sort of story. And really mean nothing at all.

nikolasmia said:
brett anderson has confirmed this to be true on twitter

Anderson said on SEN today that on talent alone KK is a top 10-15 talent but that depends hugely on fitness. So still pissed we were a year out in being able to grab him via an academy selection. Happy with Shai though.

WesternTiger said:
Except if they are true.

Who gives a *smile*. Both haven't played a game. Let's see what happens next year under doppy.
The kid will be played in the ruck

Pretty much every player was taken a pick or two before someone else would have taken them. Essendon cut GWS's lunch by taking McGrath at pick 1 and it just kept happening all night.