Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Re BOG I didn't get that vibe at all. Showed some good stuff, but not an overwhelming display.

He also butchered some possessions and stuffed a few chances as well. Tempered his performance for mine. Reflects his low game numbers and is stuff he can easily improve on with more game time.

Good game though and damn he looks a good coming off the bench into the forward line.

B

Bill James

Re BOG I didn't get that vibe at all. Showed some good stuff, but not an overwhelming display.

He also butchered some possessions and stuffed a few chances as well. Tempered his performance for mine. Reflects his low game numbers and is stuff he can easily improve on with more game time.

Good game though and damn he looks a good coming off the bench into the forward line.
I would have said top 3 at least, lots of stuff we haven’t seen much of before, clearances, contested possessions, goal assists. I perceive he played really well.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Work rate starting to match the talent. That’s what I’ll take out of today.

Adding the centre square ability makes him a totally different prospect.

Haven’t scratched the surface yet.

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
The kids basically a second year player in age ,under 20 games,came here light and shy,talent wise can easily be a grade,something not to take lightly , amazing talent and I've seen all Tigers play live since 1980,we have currently the most talented juniors in numbers I have seen for at least 3 decades,imagine Ross,Stacky, Bolton running in our mid, dream skills,can't wait.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Trade bait.
If you really think that whatever we get will fail in comparison to what he can become IMO. Have been on board day one, in his first training session he displayed X that i have not seen before except maybe Edwards . Has taken a while to harness it and would be a travesty if we let or he chose to leave now.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Need to persist with this kid. He has tricks he,s only going to get better.

Along with Stackie and Baker will consign Butler to the trade table.

Hopefully he stays on at the RFC could be anything.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
He finally got a good go in the middle where he has been carving it up at VFL level. Looked good. Amazing talent. Needs to go through there for the rest of the year

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
This kid has real raw skill and talent Dusty apparently has said he is the most talented kid at the club.

I wasn't fussed too much about Shai in past years but he is rapidly growing on me he is a very talented kid, who if he tracks right could become a very special player .

Is close to Satckie so hopefully that will be influential.

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Surely he gets the rising star nom this round

26 disposals @ 81%
9 marks
5 clearances
6 inside F50s
4 tackles
2 goals and 2 goal assists