Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Would like to see him more inside mid. He and stacky can alternate fwd mid

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I agree with Harry. I'd drop Butler who has lost his way, and needs to find it again quickly - at VFL level.
Then I'd have Castagna (we need the chaos) Rioli and one of Stacky/Bolton as the third small.
For the three mediums/bigs It'd be Riewoldt/Chol, Lynch and Martin/Caddy.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Liked his game a lot. One thing he needs to do though is NOT fly in packs with Lynch. It’s hard enough getting Lynch into good marking situations without adding Shai and his opponent to the pack. Besides, he’s bloody good front and square.

Also flew in from the side to stuff up Ellis from marking when it was clearly Ellis's to mark. He just needs to be more aware of players around him before flying for screamers. He was doing that a lot before he was dropped.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Gun. Young gun. Blind Freddy can see it. Give him three years before FREO does

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He's not an inside Mid, he's just not, he's the flash and the cherry on top.

He can get the ball inside and has good hands to get it out but he's just so quick and kicking is so sweet that I see him as more outside.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Excellent game Offers more than Butler or Higlet we should offer him a deal Shais a keeper

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Plays his best football in the guts where he stays involved in the game. Today showed that.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Great game great talent. He and Stack alternating fwd and mid is perfect for us.

Reactions: 4 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Great game. Gives plenty at center bounces.

He also moves so fast that twice the commentators suggested he ran to far:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users