Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Correct Zipps.

The program at the club with the institute and the input of mentors and talent ID and development has been huge.

X Clarke is obviously having a huge impact here no doubt but even Daniel Rioli has taken on a leadership role with the aboriginal lads, it rubbed off on Shai who brought Stacky over or went over to get him or kept him on the right path duriong the X Mas break.

Stacky and Shai are must keeps for the Tigers, Eggsy is coming along, Daniel is Daniel and all the talk about Pickett is also exciting.

Maybe we are becoming the place to be for the Aboriginal boys in Victoria.

Just off the cuff
Do you reckon the program and actual institute could help a kid like Bennel?
He is only 26.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
How many RSNs in our young group now?

16 on the list, plus Grigg.

12 yesterday - missing Butler, Higgins, Caddy, Baker.

We've had 14 in a team three times - R23 last year, and R23 & the Elimination Final in 2014 v Port.

Record for all clubs is 17 for GWS in the 2016 prelim v the Bulldogs.

Record for a premier is 15 by West Coast in 2006 (four times).

Record for a premiership team in 14 (West Coast 2006, Hawthorn 2008). Richmond had 13 in 2017.

Reactions: 2 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
This bloke is a lot better than I thought he was

Could be an absolute superstar

Inside outside midfielder that kicks goals

Could be a revelation

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Must've been close to the edge after spoiling Ellis and a quiet first half v St.Kilda. Some late midfield possessions seem to have sparked him.

Will be interesting to see how he deals with closer attention between the arcs.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Dimma will be rapt with the 6 tackles. Despite the obvious enormous attacking traits, they made this kid work hard on the defensive side of his game before they'd let him play seniors.

Look at those benefits now. A well rounded, 2 way player. :)
Tough love looks like it'll reap the rewards. That's development..

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I wish he was a bit stronger in the body, as come finals time he might get found out when it gets more physical.

All that said however, geeze he's flying. He's really got his head in the game and ironing out what used to be frequent brain fades. His ability to run at pace, accumulate possessions but also to do damage with them, is a highlight for us.

All these "2nd tier" players stepping up has really taken some pressure of Cotchin and Martin to perform.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Herald Sun Headline on Shai: (blocked unless subscription member)

BOLTON: ‘NO WAY I’M GETTING HOMESICK’

In it it says Rising Star nominee reveals he wants to stay at Richmond for the long haul:D.

Reactions: 12 users