Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
The lack of awareness when he got caught was really disappointing. A momentum killer!!! But is upside is obvious. Might be Townsend 2019!!!!

:)

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Didn't do anything to suggest that he couldn't be dropped. In a good team he is one of the bottom few. Good luck to him - he will always be looked at this year.

B

Bill James

He was not good today. Just because he has upside doesn’t mean he doesn’t play bad games.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Had a poor game yesterday, kid's got buckets of talent but so do a shitload of other players in every team at this level. Just needs to ensure he doesn't try to take on everyone on the ground at times n utilises the first option he can find, or he'll become very predictable n get sat on hard. Won't hurt if he can flatten out a couple of his loopy up n under passes n nail a few set shot kicks. He's coming along o.k. but he's not quite there yet.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The lack of awareness when he got caught was really disappointing. A momentum killer!!! But is upside is obvious. Might be Townsend 2019!!!!

:)

He has great awareness. Sometimes you get caught out when taking them on. Thems the breaks.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
7 touches, 1 tackle & no goals is not enough. Was the worst of our smalls.
He had a very poor game I thought. Might find himself dropped.

Would allow Ross to come in which would give us a different type of mix. Bit more hardness and more clearances - a little less flair. Lambert/Caddy/Cotchin do the forward line rotations rather than Bolton.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Look I'm not convinced but hey I'm a bystander in the outer.
I just think sometimes he thinks he has too much time to perform his tricks.
Hurry up son, time is money.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dan Butler a chance??
Nah, Geezer sees trouble coming from in front of him, just runs into it n goes what the *smile*? Bolton's at least dancin n prancin trying to do a bit of soft shoe shuffle to find a way around the trouble, then gets a little bit lost n goes argh farkin dammit when caught. Subtle difference.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
he might play vfl this weekend. chance for longer midfield time and to get his hands on the pill.

He was in the centre on Sunday but was outmuscled/positioned by the lions mids

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
he might play vfl this weekend. chance for longer midfield time and to get his hands on the pill.

He was in the centre on Sunday but was outmuscled/positioned by the lions mids
Don't think he is eligible as he has played more than 12 AFL senior games in the H & A season:

(II) HAVE PLAYED NO MORE THAN 12 AFL HOME AND AWAY MATCHES,

There are a whole lot of other rules on VFL finals eligibility so good luck with those :)