Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Im a better list manager.
I would clear out a million bucks this year. Use our first pick in a trade
I would chase Haynes or Lloyd or Crouch
Seeya,
McIntosh
Markov
Menadue
Ellis
Bulter
Weller
Grigg
Moore.

2 established players to fill our needs
A midfielder
A defender
The rest kids

Reactions: 1 user
"Hey, Tom. Ralph Carr."
"Oh, hi, Ralph."
"Listen, mate. I've got a story. Bit sensitive, so I'm giving it to you, a quality, educated, journo I know will handle it right."
"I went to Melbourne Uni."
"I know you did, Tom. That's a good school. You're clearly a smart lad."
"That's what my dad says."
"So, Tom. My boy, Shai Bolton..."
"Oh, yes. How is Shane?"
"Shai's out of contract at the end of the year, and West Coast have a big offer on the table."
"Right."
"Considerably more than what Richmond is offering."
"Right. And what about...his current club?"
"That's Richmond."
"Yes, of course. Shane Butler. Sorry, I got confused for a second with the Freo player, Michael Bolton."
"Shai Bolton. S-h-a-i B-o-l-t-o-n. West Coast. Big offer. Got it?"
"Yes, yes, Shy Bolter from West Coast. Big offer - from who?"
"I'll send you an email. Say hi to your dad."
"Ok, thanks, Uncle Ralph."

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
EXCLUSIVE:

West Coast are making a major play to bring talented Richmond forward Shai Bolton back home to Western Australia.

However, Richmond have informed West Coast they will only consider letting Bolton go, if it was to receive Willie Rioli in return, to play alongside nephew Daniel Rioli.
That’s all very well but Bolton is uncontracted.

Probably made a bit of a blue not signing him up for 2 years and now with improved form the offers are coming in. Hopefully he stays with the Tigers. Great talent, unpredictable and still learning the caper.

He was in the centre on Sunday but was outmuscled/positioned by the lions mids

I thought I'd check on this and looking at all centre bounces (24) Bolton only competed in 2. One was fairly early in the 1st quarter (alongside Dusty, Graham, Balta) and another inn the 2nd (Dusty, Edwards, Balta). Really his time was minimal. Was interested to find Graham was in there 9 times. He was obviously playing a tagging role and seems he as not very successful. Maybe the disappointment of the game.

Reactions: 1 user
True. But if we dont do a deal he can put himself in the draft and try his luck there. We still do hold some bargaining power.
Yep, if we don’t do a deal with his chosen club it’s hello Gold Coast! But I think he,ll re-sign.

I thought I'd check on this and looking at all centre bounces (24) Bolton only competed in 2. One was fairly early in the 1st quarter (alongside Dusty, Graham, Balta) and another inn the 2nd (Dusty, Edwards, Balta). Really his time was minimal. Was interested to find Graham was in there 9 times. He was obviously playing a tagging role and seems he as not very successful. Maybe the disappointment of the game.
If I have a concern with graham , put together possibly his best month of football over the last few weeks , rained every game , seems to love those conditions,

Not so sure the dry hard decks in September are going to suit him as much , but more than happy to be proven wrong

Reactions: 2 users
If I have a concern with graham , put together possibly his best month of football over the last few weeks , rained every game , seems to love those conditions,

Not so sure the dry hard decks in September are going to suit him as much , but more than happy to be proven wrong
Though was warm and dry in 2017 grand final and he was great

Reactions: 5 users