Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Not sure if this is the right word, there's another word I'm trying to think off but can't find it. He looks laconic? when kicking, always seems to lay back and kick bombs, even shots at goal last night he looks like he's kicking them leaning back?

Reactions: 3 users

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
Yep that last shot he missed, you could just tell he never even looked like he was going to kick that, after he marked it. Any forward should be routinely slotting those.

Reactions: 1 user

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
Not sure if this is the right word, there's another word I'm trying to think off but can't find it. He looks laconic? when kicking, always seems to lay back and kick bombs, even shots at goal last night he looks like he's kicking them leaning back?
Agree. I have thought the same about Shai's kicking, he does lean back a little too much & can be a bit sloppy at times by foot, if he can improve his overall kicking, he will be even more elite, he's a star already & only getting better.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Reported today on SEN that he will defer talks until end of 2021 season.
Always going to happen with the Merkin and fair enough that’s a managers job, however I hate it , we will continue to become more like US sports and soccer , great for players not for loyal fans , in saying that you never know how a deal might benefit your team. As good as Shai is goin we will have to pay overs , wether it be coin or length of contract or both, problem is he is an absolute priority due to our lack of midfield depth going forward , we need to get another gun mid not lose one . I think this is 50/50 , he’s best mate Marbs will be gone so that won’t help either

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Reported today on SEN that he will defer talks until end of 2021 season.
I just posted a Ralph Carr 3AW interview on the Dusty thread, at the end of that interview they touch on Shai's contract and they will wait till end of season to see how it plays out.

***It is bit of a change to what Carr said in March:

‘HE WILL STAY’: MANAGER’S PLEDGE FOR YOUNG TIGER STAR​

After stamping himself as a vital cog in the premiership Tigers, some clubs might have had a crack at Shai Bolton. His manager says they need not bother.

Last edited:
  • Sad

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Concerned?
100% concerned.
Best kid/ midfielder we have.
West coast will go hard for him 100%.
5yr deal at 650k should be the mark.
But I can see either freo & WC offer 800k 6 yrs or 7yrs.
That will bend us over.

If the amount got more then 700k and 5 years.
2 first rounder and a player in exchange.
He is the best under 22 midfielder in the game.
He shiitts all over Kelly

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Concerned?
If you listen to the interview Ralph was the one that convinced Dusty and his old man that he could make up the $2 million difference in contract offer in marketing and sponsorship if Dusty stayed at Richmond.
With Dusty getting all the sponsorship dollars already in Ralphy's stable not sure he could promise the same for Shai so a substantial difference in contract offer could become an issue?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Pffft. He'll re-sign.

1. Last contract he mentioned he loved being at Richmond and couldn't see himself playing anywhere else;
2. We have the best part of $2m in cap space right now. We lost $850k with Rance coming off our books and we front loaded a bunch of contracts e.g. Caddy, Edwards, Chimp and JR (Someone else as well...can't remember who. Think it might even be Lynch.)

So if for nothing else, there's ample money.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Lynch is backdated.

Yeah, I'm not sure about that. When Rance looked like departing the scene for good during 2019 (and before his formal announcement), the club saw an opportunity to get a few ducks in a row. It could be someone else I'm thinking of anyway.