Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Always going to happen with the Merkin and fair enough that’s a managers job, however I hate it , we will continue to become more like US sports and soccer , great for players not for loyal fans , in saying that you never know how a deal might benefit your team. As good as Shai is goin we will have to pay overs , wether it be coin or length of contract or both, problem is he is an absolute priority due to our lack of midfield depth going forward , we need to get another gun mid not lose one . I think this is 50/50 , he’s best mate Marbs will be gone so that won’t help either
I thought Rioli was his best mate

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
The Eagles and Freo can dream all they want.

Neither can afford to offer him what we can, and, he loves it at Tigerland. I have an impeccable WA source on that.

Eagles have to worry about locking up Allan at the moment.

For Freo to be able to do the deal, they will need to offload some serious money.

Ralf just up to his old tricks.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Bolton's value is going up each week. Not sure the same can be said for Balta.
watching again his marks, spins around, his elite pace, confirms his value. Jack, Tom, George, Bolton, we then need more from Rioli and Jake (or his replacement). Getting this right from mid year to finals is very important for us.

Reactions: 1 user

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Don’t think West Coast can afford him and may not have the picks to get it done either.

Freo maybe. I would argue though that it’s a minimum two first round draft pick deal and one at least in the top ten.

Unless some other club comes along with big money but surely he wouldn’t leave to go to Carlton or Hawthorn or somewhere like that would he?

Thinking about it also makes me wonder how Geelong got three first round picks for Tim Kelly? Thats ludicrous.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Don’t think West Coast can afford him and may not have the picks to get it done either.

Freo maybe. I would argue though that it’s a minimum two first round draft pick deal and one at least in the top ten.

Unless some other club comes along with big money but surely he wouldn’t leave to go to Carlton or Hawthorn or somewhere like that would he?

Thinking about it also makes me wonder how Geelong got three first round picks for Tim Kelly? Thats ludicrous.

The Kelly deal would be the one we try and replicate if he decides to leave. Fingers crossed this is hypothetical and he signs on for us.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Can never really trust old Ralphy boy though can you.

Reckon he's been given a bad wrap on here personally. Think he's just been looking out for the best interests of his clients rather than trying to push them to move.

Reactions: 1 users

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Reckon he's been given a bad wrap on here personally. Think he's just been looking out for the best interests of his clients rather than trying to push them to move.
We only really have Dustin’s deal to go by though. We shall see. Either way we’ll be OK I think.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
The Eagles and Freo can dream all they want.

Neither can afford to offer him what we can, and, he loves it at Tigerland. I have an impeccable WA source on that.

Eagles have to worry about locking up Allan at the moment.

For Freo to be able to do the deal, they will need to offload some serious money.

Ralf just up to his old tricks.
That’s right, rc wasn’t born yesterday , on the trajectory shai is on signing now would likely cost him 150k pa. The craziest offers will more likely come from melb clubs such as Ess or blues than WA sides that have strong or emerging lists

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
That’s right, rc wasn’t born yesterday , on the trajectory shai is on signing now would likely cost him 150k pa. The craziest offers will more likely come from melb clubs such as Ess or blues than WA sides that have strong or emerging lists
How can Carlscum offer big $$$ with what they’re paying McGovern Saad Williams Cripps McKay Walsh Martin Setterfield ....