Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Stepped up with some important plays in the last. The tackle on Redden(?) In the square was excellent.
Not a full game but dug deep

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
He was ok - those missed shots in Q1 hurt us though. Should have been played more through the midfield tonight though.

Can't be a superstar every week, still most goal assists and kicked one himself only knock was missing a couple of goals in the first.
Still in our top 5 tonight IMO

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
He was ok - those missed shots in Q1 hurt us though. Should have been played more through the midfield tonight though.
Modern players with all their fancy ball drops for the tight Angle shots have to remember for the easy shots it's a regular ball drop onto the foot. Basics.

Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
First time in an eternity that I can remember us burning teammates in better positions.

Shai did it twice.

Even Jack had a shot when all he needed to do was put it in front of George for an easy goal.

It's not how we play, and it's concerning

Reactions: 6 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
There’s an old saying from my nan

“Don’t Count The Chicken Before They’ve Cooked.”

peace.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m not sure we are not been a bit harsh on Shai , he’s a flamboyant player , dare I say X factor , his misses early we’re huge I thought , I agree he made some poor choices , however I’m not sure a few of his errors aren’t always there , I think we’ve labelled him with the superstar label , not Shai himself , he ain’t dusty , never will be , kids a gun

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I’m not sure we are not been a bit harsh on Shai , he’s a flamboyant player , dare I say X factor , he’s misses early we’re huge I thought , I agree he made some poor choices , however I’m not sure a few of his errors aren’t always there , I think we’ve labelled him with the superstar label , not Shai himself , he ain’t dusty , never will be , kids a gun
Think that’s about right. Going great guns but we tend to overlook his errors/weaknesses at times - which is fine when everything else has been going ok and shouldn’t be dwelled upon too much.

Work for him is on his kicking: 59.7% kicking efficiency this year and 15:11 kicking for goal.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Think that’s about right. Going great guns but we tend to overlook his errors/weaknesses at times - which is fine when everything else has been going ok and shouldn’t be dwelled upon too much.

Work for him is on his kicking: 59.7% kicking efficiency this year and 15:11 kicking for goal.
Does some lace out stuff but hits a few shanks too , not a criticism of him , however he hasn’t much attention paid to him yet like Cotch and Dusty do week in week out

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Lol they’ve got nothing to facilitate such a deal and have no chance in the PSD. Rubbish article that.
Dodo will offer us Andrew Phillips and Cale Hooker and expect a 2nd rounder back from us. And he’ll be flabbergasted when we reject it and lament how hard Richmond is to deal with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Dodo will offer us Andrew Phillips and Cale Hooker and expect a 2nd rounder back from us. And he’ll be flabbergasted when we reject it and lament how hatred Richmond is to deal with.

If they offer us Parish, Nic Cox, Tippa and their next 3 1st rounders will still tell the campaigner to get stuffed.

Reactions: 1 users