Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
The ferals booed Dusty last year whenever he went near the ball. Couldn't understand why other than that he's been their tormentor for the last decade.
That’s usually the reason to be fair , not too often crap players get booed by opposition fans unless directly after some type of foul act .

Brisbane lions fans boo him too up there ,then you like at his record against them , kicked a few bags

Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I'll be watching the game on TV, and I really hope they boo him all game.

Particularly just before every commercial break.

Reactions: 1 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
He needs to kick drop punts when 20 m out directly in front. Such a bull sh1t miss at that stage of the game. He really needs to look at this.

Reactions: 7 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Not sure you can ever call him truly elite due to his woeful set shot goal kicking
I think his nickname should be “Nelly”. Nelly elite but not there yet with his George like kicking for goal.
Actually it’s pathetic…and bloody costly

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
I think his nickname should be “Nelly”. Nelly elite but not there yet with his George like kicking for goal.
Actually it’s pathetic…and bloody costly
I think his nickname should be Kyrgios. Could be the most talented bloke in the comp but plays like a smart-a***. A bit temperamental is our Shai. The 50 he gave away cost us a goal...blind freddy knew which Carlton player to give it to but he had to be petulant. Very good player but should be a superstar.

Reactions: 6 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Finishing. Finishing. Finishing. He does that, and he will be close to the best player in the competition.

Reactions: 6 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Awful game tonight.
Lazy shots at goal..dumb 50 give aways...he can be a great highlughts reel but useless at meat n potatoes style good basic footy.....

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Awful game tonight.
Lazy shots at goal..dumb 50 give aways...he can be a great highlughts reel but useless at meat n potatoes style good basic footy.....
Just knew he was going to give away that 50.
And it was then going to cost us a goal.

He was spraying them to the right of goal pre game like he’s done since he was drafted.
The mark was excellent but the round the corner from 20 out was horrible.

He was strutting around v Melbourne big time.
I hope he’s not losing interest in the basics because he’s officially “mercurial”.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
For all of his obvious quality his goal kicking really lets him, and us, down. Badly. His ball drop is atrocious; just about drops it from his ear. The club needs to get a kicking coach to sort it out. Cost us games last year; cost us the game tonight. How can you not kick a drop punt from 20m out dead in front?

Until he fixes this he will never be elite.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
What’s with the banana kicks when 20-30m out on slight angles
Need to only kick drop punts enough with the lairising

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
For all of his obvious quality his goal kicking really lets him, and us, down. Badly. His ball drop is atrocious; just about drops it from his ear. The club needs to get a kicking coach to sort it out. Cost us games last year; cost us the game tonight. How can you not kick a drop punt from 20m out dead in front?

Until he fixes this he will never be elite.
It's too late to fix his kicking action.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It's too late to fix his kicking action.
Maybe; it's worth a try. What he is doing now is not working and costing us games.

Even just work on his drop punts from straight in front. Practice makes perfect. His goal kicking errors are becoming endemic.