Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Why is he called Mince? I like it but don't understand it.

Animated GIF

It's not a homophobic slur as far as I understand
I'd be pretty shocked if this isn't the way 95% of people here were using the nickname.

mince

• 1. (v.) (perj.) To move or act in a way that implies homosexuality.
    'You should see him mincing about, limp wristed with his knob out. I tell you mate, that sort of thing shouldn't be allowed in communal showers.'

'Christ no, he'd get slaughtered in a fight. Have you seen the way he mincesabout?'

I'm all ears if it's supposed to mean something else.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd be pretty shocked if this isn't the way 95% of people here were using the nickname.

mince

• 1. (v.) (perj.) To move or act in a way that implies homosexuality.
    'You should see him mincing about, limp wristed with his knob out. I tell you mate, that sort of thing shouldn't be allowed in communal showers.'

'Christ no, he'd get slaughtered in a fight. Have you seen the way he mincesabout?'

I'm all ears if it's supposed to mean something else.
Nah.

From Urban Dictionary.

“When you can't find the right words to describe a sniveling, conniving, conceited, sneaky, overbearing, irritant goodie-two-shoes little p***k, you can sum it up by calling them a mincey little pk.”

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
I don't buy it, but ok.
Nothing homophobic given that he's married. More to do with the way he speaks in sports media by over-using big words many times which often put me to sleep. I just call him Nonsense coz it's a word he nearly always uses when disagreeing with certain matters.

Let's see if Pinoccio calls out Dangerflop with that side kick to the WC players face.
I bet he dosent even mention it

Even though it'll make me into a piñata on here, Kane Cornes was exactly right this morning on the footy show.

Hardwick spoke well about discipline after the game but the previous week he was just as petulant at his press conference.

Until we draw some consistent standards about this stuff and live by them it will keep hurting us. And it has to start at the top.
Two places you never want to be a Pinata Large Son Of Bull.

Puntroadend, and the USA on Halloween.

Pretty much guaranteed outcomes :))

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Even though it'll make me into a piñata on here, Kane Cornes was exactly right this morning on the footy show.

Hardwick spoke well about discipline after the game but the previous week he was just as petulant at his press conference.

Until we draw some consistent standards about this stuff and live by them it will keep hurting us. And it has to start at the top.
How was Dimma petulant as he just got sick of journos implying Lynch was in trouble, which turned out to be there was nothing in it?

Was Hinkley petulant last night telling all to stop criticising Horney? Chris Scott has been worse at this. It's the way coaches feel straight after a game especially a loss.

Reactions: 3 users
The blowtorch needs to be well and truly applied to this bloke; he should be under immense heat. He has pretences of being one of the very best players in the game but he is a million miles from that. He appears arrogant and obnoxious. He is certainly undisciplined. He can do the freakish but can't perform the basics. His kicking is amongst the worst in the team. Does he ever hit a target? Can't rely on him to kick a goal when we really need it.

I'm not sure if he is massively underperforming or highly overrated. Whatever the case what he has dished up this season is not cutting it. Not even bloody close.
I’m not sure he’s ever been on point of a triple brownlow medalist ,he’s been a bit off his peak but keep it in perspective , ffs your point just gets lost in translation when you exaggerate the *smile* out it

Cornes has some sort of weird obsession about criticising Hardwick every chance he gets, whereas Donuts Hinkley is continually praised for his now 10 years plus of sustained mediocrity.

Hardwick is smashed from pillar to post for his defence of Lynch throughout his time at the RFC, yet Kanye sure as *smile* will be praiseworthy of Kenny boy for his defence of JHF.

Reactions: 4 users
Don't bother with SEN anymore. Lost listener for good. It was barely tolerable with that 100% flog Cornes on the station, but gone off it completely due to Whately's rubbish - gone from serious ABC sports presenter and a journalist to yet another sideshow grandstander. Pathetic really - should go and have a good look at how his career is going.

Throw in Lyon and Dwayne Russell, and the station is unlistenable.

I come here for sane Richmond discussion now and nowhere else.

Same here and like many others - SEN has become irrelevant to me too. But re Mince; I agree with your comments. But firstly, I want to ask what actually qualifies Mince to be respected or even noted as an AFL commentator? Mostly the commentariat consists of mostly great former players (although the definition of 'great' being quite arguable). Then there's a handful of AFL or wider sports commentators who may call the game and insert some opinion or pose questions and views.

But, as far as I know, Mince has no AFL playing career of distinction to qualify in the first respect. (Really cannot imagine him playing myself)
No, he seems to draw upon kudos as a sports journalist, one of the 2nd category, thereby qualified to make analytical comment. As you say, " ... serious ABC sports presenter and a journalist."

However, the first and foremost attribute of such a professional is OBJECTIVITY. But Whately disproves this qualification frequently - both by his RFC prejudice and along with his Geelong rose-coloured glasses bias.

Such a poser in the end - full of self-importance only.

Cornes has some sort of weird obsession about criticising Hardwick every chance he gets, whereas Donuts Hinkley is continually praised for his now 10 years plus of sustained mediocrity.

Hardwick is smashed from pillar to post for his defence of Lynch throughout his time at the RFC, yet Kanye sure as *smile* will be praiseworthy of Kenny boy for his defence of JHF.

Hardwick two flag player - Essendon x 1, Port x 1.

Cornes .... .... ?

There goes the weasel again: "Bolton should have been cited". What about your loverboy Dangerbrain with a leg to the throat moron!!!!

Reactions: 2 users