Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

I came onto this thread to read about Shai Bolton ;)
Anyway to me it is time to put it to Shai. I want him and Dusty in the guts for centre bounces on Monday night . We can use Hopper and Taranto for around the ground clearances but it’s time to go head to head with Oliver and Petracca in the middle with our A team.
Yeah head to head.
Oliver does the best one handed flicks big rumour is Canterbury Bulldogs are really keen.

I remember when Dimma was tough on Shai too. He's actually much tougher on the players he really likes. So heads up Cumberland.

Thought Shai was pretty good tonight btw.

Reactions: 4 users
Thought it was an improved game from Bolton , though he again missed tackles that he should be sticking , liked the fact he stayed in the contest more , reckon it was a nearly game

Reactions: 1 user
Playing like a dual premiership player with an All Australian and a 5 year contract thrown in.
Id seriously consider trading him to WA for a few picks

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Better. Back to tackling like he was in his first few years.

Doing too much occasionally as well.

He was a match winner last year. Far from it this year.

I thought he did well.
Gave us spark around the centre contests.
Though in the 3rd he got caught out a little defensively when their rucks took control

Good balance of Mid and Forward

Reactions: 2 users
We looked much better balanced with Shai in the midfield mix, keep him there. 20 possessions 9 contested 70% disposal efficiency score involvements 6 pressure acts 21. The bad was 5 turnovers.
I thought he worked reasonably hard both ways with his heat map showing 50/50 defensive/offensive side of centre.
He did not start fwd for the whole game bar 1 centre bounce that I saw.
Can only get better if they keep him in that role which in part will be determined by if Cumberland can continue to hit the scoreboard otherwise they will revert back to robbing Peter to pay Paul and setting Shai fwd.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
We looked much better balanced with Shai in the midfield mix, keep him there. 20 possessions 9 contested 70% disposal efficiency score involvements 6 pressure acts 21. The bad was 5 turnovers.
I thought he worked reasonably hard both ways with his heat map showing 50/50 defensive/offensive side of centre.
He did not start fwd for the whole game bar 1 centre bounce that I saw.
Can only get better if they keep him in that role which in part will be determined by if Cumberland can continue to hit the scoreboard otherwise they will revert back to robbing Peter to pay Paul and setting Shai fwd.
Definitely much better balanced and dynamic with Shai mid.
He and Dusty roaming both forward and mid can be dangerous

Now to get Prestia firing!

Reactions: 1 users
Improved performance, but he’s not able to get out of those tight contests by tying his opponents up in knots like he has in the past, hopefully that’ll return too.

Liked Shai’s game, particularly the first half.
Lots of important little touches and efforts.
And he was disciplined and engaged.
Good step in the right direction.

Reactions: 2 users
Was exchanging a few texts with the Moggies supporting younger Bro last night. He had a very simple comment on Shai n I'm tending to agree with him.

Over rated.

Tackles that don't quite stick.
Disposals that don't quite hit a team mate, or put him under the pump.
Shots at goal that should be regulation that somehow get flubbed in the worst possible way.
Works hard when the ball is available in front of him, but shuffles along when it's not.
Gets way to petulant n stupid when things aren't going his way.

For a bloke who's got more than enough talent to make the game look easy n opponents look foolish whenever he feels like it, there's just way to many things to not like about the way he plays.

Reactions: 5 users
Have we had the best out of Bolton?
Peak Bolton?
Should we test the waters out West too see what he's worth pick wise?
Feels like he's going through the motions after 2 flags.
Does he need a new challenge to get the best out of himself?
And do we need to do it too revitalise our list?

Was exchanging a few texts with the Moggies supporting younger Bro last night. He had a very simple comment on Shai n I'm tending to agree with him.

Over rated.

Tackles that don't quite stick.
Disposals that don't quite hit a team mate, or put him under the pump.
Shots at goal that should be regulation that somehow get flubbed in the worst possible way.
Works hard when the ball is available in front of him, but shuffles along when it's not.
Gets way to petulant n stupid when things aren't going his way.

For a bloke who's got more than enough talent to make the game look easy n opponents look foolish whenever he feels like it, there's just way to many things to not like about the way he plays.
We need players who can rise to the occasion