Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
The Batton was handed from the king to the new king tonight . Dusty loved it

He is now the man

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I never criticised Shai’s ability, only his lairish form early doors 2023.

If that continued, I would’ve maintained my position that he was tradeable for the simple reason that our kids shouldn’t be exposed to that example for the high picks we need to land a premium mid of the future. Potentially a captain.

In the early rounds I saw Bolton as a highly valuable, mid-career finisher in a team on the downside. In other words, tradable.

But he convinced me tonight, he put the team on his back.

He’s had some stellar games but I’ve never seen him take on the mantle of leadership with such authority before.

Not just the scintillating collects, not just the Q4 domination, but also the game awareness, the calming influence, the insane defensive running to ensure we turned the ball over, the rabid tackling.

I’ve never seen that package before and I’m all in 100%. I couldn’t be happier with the level up I saw in Perth. All positive from me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Watched mini’s press conference this morning. Mentioned that Shai was supposed to go off in the last for a spell but didn’t. And said it worked well.

Would love to see Bolton be left more on the ground and push forward when required. We need our class and match winning players maximum minutes.

Well done Shai, particularly in that last quarter. Talk about leading by example.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Watched mini’s press conference this morning. Mentioned that Shai was supposed to go off in the last for a spell but didn’t. And said it worked well.

Would love to see Bolton be left more on the ground and push forward when required. We need our class and match winning players maximum minutes.

Well done Shai, particularly in that last quarter. Talk about leading by example.
Highlights the sports science nonsense of rotations.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
How long till Hopper comes back? Bolton, Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Cotchin and Martin when required are a quality midfield group.

Reactions: 7 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Reckon we got the complete package from Shai last night. Young bloke put everything on the table instead of just glimpses, flashes or bits n pieces. What a monster of a game he gave us, bloody awesome effort.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Whatever ailed Shai early on in the season has gone and now he is playing even better than his previous best and that is saying something. A class above

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Super Super game. His smartness is starting to show. Early in the first quarter, the ball came into our forward pocket, everyone were in one pack, but Shai flew from the side and almost marked it. he did this in the last. Signs are very good.

Reactions: 1 user

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
If there was any criticism of Shai this season it was his last quarters. Well he went a long way to correcting that.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
How long till Hopper comes back? Bolton, Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Cotchin and Martin when required are a quality midfield group.
Yea , like splitting the atom mini has quickly discovered that rotating cotch and dusty thru the midfield makes us a better team for it , who would have thought

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I reckon he was sore in the last- he didn't attend a CB and stayed up forward. So when there was a goal to kick he moved pretty well, so hopefully nothing in it.

Another average 18disposal/3goal game. He goes ok!

Reactions: 4 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Just wish he wouldn’t mouth off at umpires (even though he was right tonight). He’ll give away 50 ever time. Just keep your mouth shut and play on. I think also, that oppo players know if they get him riled up, he will give away a free or 50.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
That last goal Bolton kicked was a cracker.
And I just loved his reaction to kicking it.
And when Dusty joined him in a gusto celebration it underlined for me how invested they are in this season.
The Tigers aren't out of premiership calculations.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users