Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
$hai was at his Richo channeling (Flawed Genius) best.
One minute gave away the fitty.
About 2 minutes later was kicking a nice goal on the run.

Take the good with the bad.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Had 22 touches, 8 score involvements, 5 clearances, kicked 2.2 but it felt like a 6/10 game for him.

We hold him at a high standard.

Reactions: 8 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Had 22 touches, 8 score involvements, 5 clearances, kicked 2.2 but it felt like a 6/10 game for him.

We hold him at a high standard.
The biggest criticism of Shai is a four quarter performance. He just can’t string that together.

But his second quarter was electric. Literally tore Ports midfield a new one on his own.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The biggest criticism of Shai is a four quarter performance. He just can’t string that together.

But his second quarter was electric. Literally tore Ports midfield a new one on his own.
Four quarters will be 35 touches and 7.5. will happen.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

Gave away the 50 with a rueful point to the scoreboard after a soft push in the back.
I can take that.
Footy needs done scoreboard pointing every now and then

(Maybe another for entering the exclusion zone which want smart whoever did it)

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Gave away the 50 with a rueful point to the scoreboard after a soft push in the back.
I can take that.

(Maybe another for entering the exclusion zone which want smart whoever did it)

How many players point to the scoreboard and no 50? Heaps!

Shai does it, wearing a Richmond jumper, 50m penalty. Why am I not surprised?

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
How many players point to the scoreboard and no 50? Heaps!

Shai does it, wearing a Richmond jumper, 50m penalty. Why am I not surprised?

DS
Dissent is dissent except when it isn't. The beauty is it's how each umpire interprets it. How sensitive they are. Appears they are always on eggshells when we play.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I can take that.
Does this petulant *smile* game after game n regularly costs us stupid 50 metre penalties and goals. Kills momentum and hurts the team over and over again. We could cover this sort of stupid *smile* when we were the premium team n winning flags, now it just opens the door for opposition sides to step back into games by us giving up 2 or 3 of these stupid penalties a game.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009

the difference between Bolton and Richo's foibles is that I'm not certain Richo's were fixable, whereas Bolton's most if not all of is (kicking for goal, inconsistent efforts, selfishness, etc). Bolton has the capacity to be the best in the league by a fair margin if he completely applies himself

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I think Nick Vlastuin was BOG. Call me a radical. But I will concede that Shai was a matchwinner.

Cowards are afraid of mistakes. Shai aint one.

Reactions: 6 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Has to do all the glitz and glamour by himself. Needs a sidekick. Bolton is our Dusty circa 2024

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I’m happy for Shai to be Shai

Just needs to make sure he 1) kicks earlier and 2) makes better connection by foot

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I think Nick Vlastuin was BOG. Call me a radical. But I will concede that Shai was a matchwinner.

Cowards are afraid of mistakes. Shai aint one.

Vlossy benefited massively from not being asked to play on a 2 metre opponent.

Miller and Young changed our whole structure today. Even when Gibcus (rip) was playing, he didn't actually play on an opponent. The two stoppers meant that Nick could be Nick. Which we know is a very good thing for him to be.

Reactions: 6 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I’m happy for Shai to be Shai

Just needs to make sure he 1) kicks earlier and 2) makes better connection by foot
Said to my son pre game that Shai would need to play more of a leaders type game today which I thought was exactly what he did. Not as flashy as usual but far more team oriented and worked as hard as Ive seen defensively. Some of the errors IMO were Shai trying to pick his best option rather than putting his boot through it.
I could handle losing Baker but not Shai

Turbo

Tiger Cub
Jan 3, 2019
Shai reminds me of Richo, a flawed genius
Makes the difficult look *smile* easy
And the easy look hard.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Shai grew up a bit yesterday & came of age as a senior player in one of his most mature performances in memory.
Looked so focused, hungry & put the team on his back. Also kicked the goals he needed to.

We know he's a superstar but more of this please. Just great.

Reactions: 7 users