Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Bolton continues to confound his opponents with some scintillating brilliance and that was on show again today but for me, sometimes he tries to do a bit too much on his lonesome. One thing for sure is Shai scares the living daylights of the opposition when ball in hand

Reactions: 1 users
How TF did he mark that ball sandwiched between 2 Aints? Great game again by Bolts.

Reactions: 4 users
wow. Did he put on a show or what? Did everything, superb game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Let me take you through a thought experiment. Relax for a minute. Clear your mind. Feel the stillness. Suppose the opposition kidnaps Shai during the game. Straps him to a gurney. Shoves a green whistle up his arse. And locks him in an ambulance. You seeing this? It doesn't matter where they park the ambulance Shai can still kick the goal.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Bolton continues to confound his opponents with some scintillating brilliance and that was on show again today but for me, sometimes he tries to do a bit too much on his lonesome. One thing for sure is Shai scares the living daylights of the opposition when ball in hand

Being the most attacking player in the team, alongside Martin, the new coach’s urging to take it to another level must be music to his ears?
“When ‘Dimma’ (Damien Hardwick) was here we were so used to playing a way that he wanted to play and then as soon as Yze has come here, he’s like, take on the game a bit more,” Bolton says.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Being the most attacking player in the team, alongside Martin, the new coach’s urging to take it to another level must be music to his ears?
“When ‘Dimma’ (Damien Hardwick) was here we were so used to playing a way that he wanted to play and then as soon as Yze has come here, he’s like, take on the game a bit more,” Bolton says.
To be fair in previous years I always thought that Shai was taking the game on

To be fair in previous years I always thought that Shai was taking the game on

To be fair I agree, i am just trying to drill into some nuffys minds, those that are quick to call selfish when it comes unstuck, that he has a licence.

Reactions: 2 users
He has now stamped his talent. This year has been incredible for him. Keep going son and on and on. I simply loved his game today, no question about it, an important player for us.

When he has a set shot near the boundary, would it be wrong for him to run at top speed towards the boundary and snap at goal when under pressure?
Some might go straight out on the full, but i feel he would kick more through the big sticks.

Pretty good game yesterday. He was our best Tom Lynch replacement yesterday.

Pretty good game yesterday. He was our best Tom Lynch replacement yesterday.
He was the only player in our forward line that looked like taking a contested mark. He was also double teamed whilst he was there. Saints didn't worry too much abouit Lefau or Kosi. Understandable strategy.

Would've been nice to kick that set shot he missed.
Is our only viable forward at the moment.
(In terms of kicking more than 1 or 2 Goals per game.)
Needs much more support down there.
More games like that, $hai.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Was amazing. Multiple 'gasp' how did that happen moments.

umpires might give him a vote. never know your luck.

Reactions: 2 users