Pick 33 Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 33 Discussion

bullus_hit said:
On top of that they won't be hard pressed for key position players, they can scoop up all the midfielders and perhaps one key position defender. Everything is set for them to pull off a Port style rebuild, I would be feeling very comfortable if I was Luke Beveridge.

Are we talking Cocky or Miller?
Cocky

I think we made a mistake this offseason in not getting another pick between 30-60.

If the Dogs wanted Dea, I would've gone hard after 46. We need another mid and we could get it between our first and second picks.

SCOOP said:
I think we made a mistake this offseason in not getting another pick between 30-60.

If the Dogs wanted Dea, I would've gone hard after 46. We need another mid and we could get it between our first and second picks.

I would make that trade too, we just need to hope that one of our preferred players makes it to 52, i'm quietly confident that this will happen. 70 is more of a raffle so I'd be looking at a guy like Daniel to fill the void, unlikely but I'm still clinging onto hope.

bullus_hit said:
I like Maynard, he's quick & has solid efficiency both by hand & foot. At this stage he's likely to start as a flanker but could feasibly move to the midfield as he builds his tank. I definitely have him on the shortlist and would take him ahead of Miller, although I suspect he will be gone by our selection.

Yeah looks a player. real neat. would be great at 33.

I'm getting through some of the highlights on the AFL site (prep work for Thursday night ;D) and I gotta say that some of the highlights for the touted second rounders such as maynard, neal-bullen, marchbank, miller, gore, webb, rainbow etc look better than some of the players that will go in the first. If only we had another second rounder or 2.

Harry said:
whats the knock on the rainbow - looks very classy.

Nothing wrong with him at all, I'd select him at 52 given his contested game needs some fine tuning. At 33 it really needs to be one of Webb, Miller, Gore, McKenzie or Maynard.

I really like Rainbow. Super classy. Suspect he may go in the 20s though.

Stylo said:
I really like Rainbow. Super classy. Suspect he may go in the 20s though.

If recent drafts are anything to go by I think he goes third round, remember Sam Colquhoun was in the same boat, he ended up in the PSD. Same goes for Wigg.

Menadue or Boekhorst in the second round - their pace and run and carry would be a welcome addition.

Harry said:
Menadue or Boekhorst in the second round - their pace and run and carry would be a welcome addition.

Both will be gone in all likelihood, our best bet seems to be an inside mid.

I've only bot the highlights reel to go off so Boekhurst may be NQR. But for type, an AFL Boekhurst would be great.

Dyer'ere said:
I've only bot the highlights reel to go off so Boekhurst may be NQR. But for type, an AFL Boekhurst would be great.

Boekhorst has been strongly linked to Carlton at 28, I think we need Jaden McGrath at 52, he's in the same mould but is yet to realise his full potential, his AIS experience also indicates a certain level of professionalism. Saad would also be a good option, unlucky not to be drafted a few years ago but has earnt his state league stripes.

SCOOP said:
No footballing IQ. You can't teach that.

No player before pick 50, will be taken without footballing IQ.

Would take at 52.

I get your concerns but he does have a Footy IQ.

Harry said:
whats the knock on the rainbow - looks very classy.

Probably his work ethic. Good run and carry and he's a nice kick but I'd have him going later in the draft.

Gus said:
Probably his work ethic. Good run and carry and he's a nice kick but I'd have him going later in the draft.

Any interest in Declan Hamilton at this pick?

Gus said:
Any interest in Declan Hamilton at this pick?

His early carnival form was excellent Gus but he's also very light, he doesn't strike me as an early impact player and this is what I would be focusing on with 33. How were his sprint times and weight measurements out of interest?

That Menadue is one skinny unit, innit.

He can spot for Shank in the gym