Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Yer, but the next wave have speed: Bolton, RCD, Dow. Stack, but the jury is still out on him IMO.
What jury? He's a 2 time premiership player if he doesn't bust his shoulder in the prelim. He's one of the first dimma picks when fit.

Interesting, Richo doesn't think Jack Graham will be at Richmond next year and interesting comments by Neil Balme when asked about Graham this morning.

Something like:

If a player comes to us and say they are not getting the opportunities they are after and want to explore elsewhere we will look to accommodate them.
We will be forever grateful for what Jack did for us in the Prelim against Geelong.

He did also say he played 7 out of 12 games for us and also added he has been a star for us.

Balmey hedging his bets a bit and jacking up his price if they do come calling :)

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting, Richo doesn't think Jack Graham will be at Richmond next year and interesting comments by Neil Balme when asked about Graham this morning.

Something like:

If a player comes to us and say they are not getting the opportunities they are after and want to explore elsewhere we will look to accommodate them.
We will be forever grateful for what Jack did for us in the Prelim against Geelong.

He did also say he played 7 out of 12 games for us and also added he has been a star for us.

Balmey hedging his bets a bit and jacking up his price if they do come calling :)
What were Richo's comments? They certainly dont sound confident...

Something like:

Where did Richo mention that, Caesar?

Where did Richo mention that, Caesar?

On yes/no Richo on 3aw, unless Richo misunderstood the statement, he had to say yes or no to various statements made by Gerard Healy,

Statement was: "Jack Graham won't be at Richmond next year" and Richo replied yes to that statement.

Now Richo being the simple but legend of the man he is may have thought that he was answering yes he would be still be at the club next year :)

Reactions: 4 users
......it would depend on what Jack wants to do - return home to Adelaide or not. We aren't party to the inside info e.g. if he has the same girlfriend, she's from there too. Missing families? Maybe even thinking kids? That's all their business.

This always makes me laugh.

Of course you're right - I don't contend with the logic - but - gee it's sad............

Years ago we understood why every banker/accountant/finance guru moved to Europe. Now we pretend to empathise with pigskin grunts that feel homesick (domestically!!!!)

We elevate footballers to positions of grandeur............ but ...... if he's seriously weighing up his options based on location (e.g. SA vs VIC) in a modern world where the internet is everything and flights/transit (COVID aside) is immediate - then shame on him.

Seriously - if you said to a Tradie - "you can be a plumber on $100K or FIFO on $300K" would we say:

".....it would depend on what XYZ wants to do - return home to XYZ or not".

Might I suggest that this is a fallacy - and someone that doesn't make a judgement call based on the best interest of his career/earnings (and instead focuses on his homesickness) is NEVER going to cut it!

Lets face it - they're not 'professional'

IMHO

PS - I don't think Jack fits into this category.
PPS - I will forever admire our 'contemporary' world champions (Alan Jones, Rafter, Doohan, Stoner, Gardner, Norman, Tszyu, Winx!! :) and many others - for showing what sacrifice it truly takes to be actually ELITE!

What does Mitch Robinson have to say about this, apparently he's a football expert now days.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yer, but the next wave have speed: Bolton, RCD, Dow. Stack, but the jury is still out on him IMO.
Its a fair point that the next gen are bolters.
Having defensive grunt and inside strength is super crucial for balance

I think we should be bold and offer Adelaide graham, CCJ and pick 18, 36 for pick 1. Throw the kitchen sink to Adelaide

We free up a spot on the list and get a chance at an elite talent

I think we should be bold and offer Adelaide graham, CCJ and pick 18, 36 for pick 1. Throw the kitchen sink to Adelaide

Paying way over there. Graham and pick 18 for pick 2 (assumimg they get compo for Crouch going) would do.

meh, pick 1 is overrated and this years its gunna be a real raffle.

would you accept a Ducati?

Nah, want something which can move under it's own steam ;)

On Graham, I'd keep him unless he really really wants to go, he is 22 so fair bit of scope for improvement there. A draft pick is a lottery, we know what Graham brings and a defensive mid is quite useful, especially in finals.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
Lynch coping *smile* for leaving a crap side & organisation to go play for his homestate and win flags - a dog, apparently

Brandon Ellis & Jack Graham leaving a winning team & elite organisation to go to play for the wooden spooner who are one of the most toxic organisations going round for more money - "looking for more opportunities".

If he wants to leave, *smile* let him but make sure we make the Crows overpay for a 2nd rate slow midfielder with leadership qualities - just like they made us overpay on Kane Johnson. That worked out well for us, lets see how it goes for them

On Graham, I'd keep him unless he really really wants to go, he is 22 so fair bit of scope for improvement there. A draft pick is a lottery, we know what Graham brings and a defensive mid is quite useful, especially in finals.

DS

I’ve always seen Graham as a long term Tiger - 200 gamer - and would would hate to see him leave at this stage.
Maybe that’s not as certain as it might have once looked - dunno
But it would be an monumental waste to see him play many years of good footy at Adelaide - even worse if it was to be at Essendon
Sign him up!

I’ve always seen Graham as a long term Tiger - 200 gamer - and would would hate to see him leave at this stage.
Maybe that’s not as certain as it might have once looked - dunno
But it would be an monumental waste to see him play many years of good footy at Adelaide - even worse if it was to be at Essendon
Sign him up!

Graham said after the 2017 GF, which made him a life member of the club, that he wanted to get to 150 games for Richmond so maybe he doesn't want to go anywhere.