Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Hard to refute data, but he still looks extremely slow to me, especially over the first 10-15 metres. He just has to address that as best he can.

In the meantime, he has to be a contested ball and tackling beast to prevent opposition midfielders getting their hands on it or breaking away. He certainly did that ok last night plus it was great seeing him without shoulder tape.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Last week we had a bunch of midfielders who were second to the pill AND didn't tackle.

We looked much better with him in there.

Fair bit of difference in terms of quality especially with Swallow missing. Sorry but I'm not convinced.
BTW Graham's numbers are almost identical to the same stats Jack Ross had last week.

Ross vs Port 15 disposals 7 tackles
Graham vs Suns 16 disposals 8 tackles

So your assertion isn't really correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Fair bit of difference in terms of quality especially with Swallow missing. Sorry but I'm not convinced.
BTW Graham's numbers are almost identical to the same stats Jack Ross had last week.

This^

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne

They stats are similar but Ross just gives it back to the opposition by hand and foot.
He needs to fix this in his game pronto.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Better suite
Applicable to the town as well as the team :)

Glenelg's not bad. Next to airport beach shops restaurants bars and cafes.

Don't need to go any where else.

Got a footy team called the Tigers that wear RICHMOND colours and a bloke that plays for them called McJesus ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012

Yeah, yeah, Graham's the new PRE whipping boy.

NZtiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2008
Wellington
Wasn’t a standout player by any means, but did appear to be moving relatively freely and with purpose. This suggests to me he’s gaining confidence and strength in his shoulder. He was surging really hard in packs situations and looked like a handful to tackle. Haven’t seen that from him in a while.

If he can take heat off Shai, Dusty, and even Sheds and Prestia when they eventually return he can still be serviceable. On the flip side, he probably won’t be getting the game time he wants when the midfield stocks are replenished, so may end up looking for a trade. Certainly wouldn’t be paying overs to keep him despite his past heroics for the club.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerPaul71

Tiger Cub
May 24, 2013
I really like Fridge, so he may be a bit slower but his built like a fridge something we don't have, is a tackling machine when fit. Has done his shoulder the last two years. Give the guy a break.
We need him fit think back 2017 grand final, tagged Roorie Sloan. after first quarter.
Can't afford to keep loosing good young players, Better the devil you know than the one you don't.
As for our other players, castana, rioli, Higgins, playing out of position because of injury.
Don't no how we will go this year not as positive as previous years.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I really like Fridge, so he may be a bit slower but his built like a fridge something we don't have, is a tackling machine when fit. Has done his shoulder the last two years. Give the guy a break.
We need him fit think back 2017 grand final, tagged Roorie Sloan. after first quarter.
Can't afford to keep loosing good young players, Better the devil you know than the one you don't.
As for our other players, castana, rioli, Higgins, playing out of position because of injury.
Don't no how we will go this year not as positive as previous years.
I love his desire and work ethic. I thought he moved a bit better against the Suns, he's a real team first player, he's a winner.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We need to see what we can get for him. If it's a Butler type deal then we keep him, but if we can extract the sort of picks that will help build the next foundation then we'd be remiss not to look seriously at the possibility of him going.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
We need to see what we can get for him. If it's a Butler type deal then we keep him, but if we can extract the sort of picks that will help build the next foundation then we'd be remiss not to look seriously at the possibility of him going.
Best case deal would be a second rounder and we will struggle to find someone as good as Graham in the second round of the draft. He’s also only 22 with plenty of scope for improvement. Not sure we should be willingly offloading inside mids in that age bracket.

Reactions: 9 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Best case deal would be a second rounder and we will struggle to find someone as good as Graham in the second round of the draft. He’s also only 22 with plenty of scope for improvement. Not sure we should be willingly offloading inside mids in that age bracket.

I agree - you can’t teach finals experience and we know he is a big game player.

At 22 he is a keeper for mine whilst even through I am excited about Ross, he hasn't done anything yet except string together a patch of very promising form during the middle of last year.

Reactions: 1 users