Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Love the ball in this bloke’s hands as he makes good decisions and is a beautiful pass of the pill.

Reactions: 3 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Is he a candidate as the next RFC captain? Have thought that from early on in his career that he might find himself in the right age bracket at the right time and the kind of characteristics that the club might be looking for in a Captain.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Is he a candidate as the next RFC captain? Have thought that from early on in his career that he might find himself in the right age bracket at the right time and the kind of characteristics that the club might be looking for in a Captain.
I would say yes, he is.

Dusty doesn't want or need it. Jack would be good at it.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He's all class when he has pill in hand
That's one feature that keeps improving. His short passing is dynamite, the key forwards can lead with confidence when he has the ball. He really has p[erfected the low bullet. Let's hope he continues to improve his consistency of performance.

I'm fascinated at how he looks like treacle sometimes and quicksilver at others. He regularly appears in the top speed stats so he's not slow.

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Reckon he's always been a good short passer. I recall seeing him live for the first time and had a "wow" moment when he hit a couple of blokes right on the tit with low fizzers. Only collected about 10 touches but they were high quality.

He needs to find the football a bit more consistently, but he's still trending upwards and I'd be happy with him as our next captain.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Reckon he's always been a good short passer. I recall seeing him live for the first time and had a "wow" moment when he hit a couple of blokes right on the tit with low fizzers. Only collected about 10 touches but they were high quality.

He needs to find the football a bit more consistently, but he's still trending upwards and I'd be happy with him as our next captain.
I must admit, I can remember thinking at the time he was drafted, what a steal we'd got him at. I couldn't fathom how he slipped so low in the draft, even though he had some injury issues in his last underage year. And also, being the SA U18 captain, how he was right under the nose of the Adelaide and Port recruiters and they passed on such a prominent local talent.

The SA clubs recruited ahead of him:

Adelaide Crows-
Jordan Gallucci VIC
Myles Poholke VIC
Elliot Himmelberg NSW/QLD

Port -
Todd Marshall NSW
Joe Atley VIC
William Drew VIC

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I've been harsh on a bloke who is 67 games in. He's invaluable defensively. We all talk about blokes who run one way (down hill) and call them out but when you have someone who sacrifices some of his offensive game to make sure we are protected, you can't tell to get more ball. I've done it. Not again. The one change I have seen in Graham is that he is spreading from the contest much better and getting ball on his own. On Saturday night he looked like he was really covering the ground well, looked slick, looked fast. More please.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I've been harsh on a bloke who is 67 games in. He's invaluable defensively. We all talk about blokes who run one way (down hill) and call them out but when you have someone who sacrifices some of his offensive game to make sure we are protected, you can't tell to get more ball. I've done it. Not again. The one change I have seen in Graham is that he is spreading from the contest much better and getting ball on his own. On Saturday night he looked like he was really covering the ground well, looked slick, looked fast. More please.

TBF he does have those occasional games where he's not sighted. But he's gonna be a gun.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
That's one feature that keeps improving. His short passing is dynamite, the key forwards can lead with confidence when he has the ball. He really has p[erfected the low bullet. Let's hope he continues to improve his consistency of performance.

I'm fascinated at how he looks like treacle sometimes and quicksilver at others. He regularly appears in the top speed stats so he's not slow.

Could the timing of when he appears slow be at the end of extended sprint? Like he sprints up the ground then back a couple of times then has to go again when his body is trying to recover.