Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
So Jack was going to go to Port if I a deal could’ve been done.

I just wonder, did the club think they could get the GWS lads, trade Graham and still stay in the first round of the draft?

Interesting. And I think it’s fair to think that Jack entertains the thought of going back again.
Yep, reckon that was the original plan. Or at least not have to give up the future first rounder which is the biggest risk for us in the Hopper deal.

Don’t think Port did themselves any favors here and I wonder how much it will impact their trading (if any) in years to come.

Reactions: 1 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008

I just wonder, did the club think they could get the GWS lads, trade Graham and still stay in the first round of the draft?

Interesting. And I think it’s fair to think that Jack entertains the thought of going back again.
Jack was signed, sealed and delivered.
Until JHF.
Jack will go to a Adelaide team.

Reactions: 1 user

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Jack was signed, sealed and delivered.
Until JHF.
Jack will go to a Adelaide team.
Port told Jack that they can not guarantee a starting spot in the midfield and told him that he will be in a similar position as what he was at Richmond.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I think that Port have burnt their bridges as far as Grahams future recruitment goes. The embarrassment of being caught out touring their facilities on top of being dumped at the final minute for something better would sting.

If he does go it will be to the Crows IMO.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Lost our run when he went off. Massive loss in the scheme of things.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yep. Any idea how bad the hammy is?
I saw him do it and also watched him on the boundary after.

I thought it looked a typical 3 week hammy at the time, but then he was moving ok on the bench, but obviously that was his night done.

Therefore inclined to think a 2-3 week hammy, still.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I saw him do it and also watched him on the boundary after.

I thought it looked a typical 3 week hammy at the time, but then he was moving ok on the bench, but obviously that was his night done.

Therefore inclined to think a 2-3 week hammy, still.
Injuries coming thick and fast for us.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
They have been since the off season started.
Yep. Quite obvious we got the picture since Feb. As previously posted, I've decided to lower my expectations now. F*ck the finals just get the kids in for experience as Taz and Hop are also long-term plans.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Pay K Cornes to shed him down to a marathon runner size - Jack will still be solid but much lighter.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Reckon nearly every interstate player entertains the thought of going home at some stage of their career, it's only natural to want to be surrounded by family n friends during your career.
No surprise Fridge would have been considering his future at Richmond with us chasing hard after Tarantino n Grasshopper, he'd have been wondering what his future position within the team was going to be.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep. Quite obvious we got the picture since Feb. As previously posted, I've decided to lower my expectations now. F*ck the finals just get the kids in for experience as Taz and Hop are also long-term plans.
Why not chase for finals with the kids on board? Much better experience.
We already had 7 blokes with under 25 games against the Woofers n weren't far off it. Shuffle a few injuries out n cover as best we can and keep pumping games into whoever stands up.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Reckon nearly every interstate player entertains the thought of going home at some stage of their career, it's only natural to want to be surrounded by family n friends during your career.
No surprise Fridge would have been considering his future at Richmond with us chasing hard after Tarantino n Grasshopper, he'd have been wondering what his future position within the team was going to be.
Spot on
Graham is a quality footballer.
If he was a Geelong player we would get 12 1st rounders similar to what they got for Kelly and Jordan Clark.
We would never stop him leaving but the issue would be what we would get in return.
I reckon he is worth pick 15-20 or 2 2nd rounders under 30.