Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Going to be very important against the Pies. We've got to break up their ball movement.

With that being said, might we play Jack on Nick Daicos? His physicality against Daicos would be very useful for us and his workrate and tank will allow him to follow him where he goes and his ability going the other way will test Daicos defensively. Hopefully we can burn him the other way.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
With that being said, might we play Jack on Nick Daicos? His physicality against Daicos would be very useful for us and his workrate and tank will allow him to follow him where he goes and his ability going the other way will test Daicos defensively. Hopefully we can burn him the other way.
I reckon Daicos would be a bit quick but maybe for periods.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I reckon Daicos would be a bit quick but maybe for periods.

Is he that fast? Haven't seen him live so I haven't noticed but doesn't look quick but is smart, in a similar vein to Pendlebury, looks quicker because he is a smart footballer.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
So is it more a +1 midfielder?

Maybe its because Lambert was so good and many times roved the drop at full forward, but it felt like the Lambert role was dual mid/forward.

Whereas Graham has previously played the hlaf forward into +1 mid, essentially providing defensive cover on Dusty.

I'm unsure if its the same role or variations on a winning theme?

Yeah Graham looks to be playing the 'connection' midfielder, working between the arcs like a centreman in the old days.

Lambert's role was more to roll into the middle and take Dustin's opponent defensively and to help with the set-up that would get us the spare back and still equalise at stoppage.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah Graham looks to be playing the 'connection' midfielder, working between the arcs like a centreman in the old days.

Lambert's role was more to roll into the middle and take Dustin's opponent defensively and to help with the set-up that would get us the spare back and still equalise at stoppage.
The role suits Graham to a tee.

Interesting that it looked like our wings were playing a more central role offensively. Pickett streaming through the guts with the ball.
Felt like a tweak to the ball movement plan

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
nteresting that it looked like our wings were playing a more central role offensively. Pickett streaming through the guts with the ball.
Felt like a tweak to the ball movement plan

Yep, we've definitely tweaked the way we are using the wings, I'd like to have a look from high up at the MCG to try and get a better feel for it.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

If you watch the Pies, I actually think McRae is doing something similar with Daicos.

He runs forward and they cover for him with a wing or forward flanker. Elite coaching.

Ps. Jack Graham gives us two father sons players and they are amazing. Genuine Bash Brothers.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Great story is JG, I wonder how many players drafted after pick 52 went on to play over 100 games and play in 2 flags?

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Jack Graham is one of the best inside 50 kicks we have, last night he was playing as pressure forward generally, he was constantly tackling would be exiting rebound defenders so I don't think he was in much of a position to deliver inside last night and i am not going to blame him for missing a running shot at goal, usually Mr reliable there too.

Posted above on the 17/03 after Carlton game, and Dimma said today in his press conference, noting Jack Graham's 100th and viewing his highlights "i don't think there is a better player in our footy club at delivering the ball inside 50" :clap2, valuable player is Jack and under-rated outside the club and even by many on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
If you watch the Pies, I actually think McRae is doing something similar with Daicos.

He runs forward and they cover for him with a wing or forward flanker. Elite coaching.

Ps. Jack Graham gives us two father sons players and they are amazing. Genuine Bash Brothers.
He has two boys? Gold. Can just imagine them going head first at each other all day and munging pies for lunch and dinner