Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

He's not as bad as some are harping on about, the week before he was very good.

It's the fact that the output swings so wildly from game to game. We don't know what version we are getting.

It's so this, I'd love to see him come back leaner and healthier.
That's as lean as he can get.

Normally players improve as they play more games.
He did play two above average games in a row for the two weeks prior which is a lot of improvement on the usual one game in a row.

I say it all the time, but if the club thinks his best case position is a forward we need to move him
on ASAP because he’s got absolutely no tricks as a forward.

He did play two above average games in a row for the two weeks prior which is a lot of improvement on the usual one game in a row.

I say it all the time, but if the club thinks his best case position is a forward we need to move him
on ASAP because he’s got absolutely no tricks as a forward.
Are we trying him in the Lambert role? Feels that way.

Reactions: 1 users
Are we trying him in the Lambert role? Feels that way.
I reckon he spends most of the game playing as a "high half forward". Not sure anyone can play that role the way Lambert did, but probably a similar job description.

He is a solid boy but he isnt carrying any extra weight. Not really sure its feasable for him to slim down enough to affect his speed. His endurance is already pretty good.

Its almost impossible to increase speed for a plodder. The way i see it if Graham hangs around next year which it seems he will then i would be looking at bulking him up and making him a stoppage king. He cannot possibly get any slower but with more power and his natural endurance it may just work. Cripps is a plodder but an animal at the contest and elite endurance. Not saying he is anywhere near Cripps but that needs to be the type. Forget slimming him down.

Reactions: 1 user
Strap him to a chair for the summer. Tie his eyelids back and make him watch Lambo's highlights. Apply plenty of eye drops.

He's still younger than Lambert when he was drafted isn't he? He's still a man of good character isn't he? He's still a very reliable kick for goal isn't he? He's still tough, smart and purposeful isn't he? He can still make it can't he?

• Haha
Strap him to a chair for the summer. Tie his eyelids back and make him watch Lambo's highlights. Apply plenty of eye drops.

He's still younger than Lambert when he was drafted isn't he? He's still a man of good character isn't he? He's still a very reliable kick for goal isn't he? He's still tough, smart and purposeful isn't he? He can still make it can't he?
Lambert was an intuitive footballer with vision. Jack does the hard stuff, has endurance and a surprising amount of speed but hasn't the footballing brain of Lambert. Something you can't learn but people like Jack are still valuable to us

Last edited:
  • Sad
I think we need to settle down on this bloke he had zero preseason and injuries through the year as well clearly hes not going to be 100% i think a full preseason touch wood next year will let Graham produce a good season!

Needs to finally be dropped .showed nothing once again
Play clarke...
Far too slow Sure he may play a good game every 5 weeks but the rest of the time he’s stomping around with his cement boots on 5m behind his opponent

Reactions: 2 users
Been a real warrior but the time is nigh for him. Think he should move on if he wants to extend his afl career.

We could've swapped him and Powell pepper last year.
Too slow to play midfield and he isn't a forward