Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Averages 10 disposals per game.

2012: 11 games, 8 disposals per game.
2013: 8 games, 11.6 disposals per game.
2014: 8 games, 10.5 disposals per game.
2015: 1 game, 22 disposals.
2016: 4 games, 13.8 disposals per game.

Started as a mid, failed as mid. Won a flag as a forward. Next game will be for Keilor.

Graham only averages 15 disposals. The role does not require high disposal counts. It's a defensive midfielder, opportunist goal kicking role.

We could give it to a bloke who has already stood up on the biggest stage, or a 19 year old.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Folks are forgetting that we can shuffle. Doesn’t have to be like for like.

Cotchin has been protected to an extent this year. I’d rotate him and Prestia to have one at every stoppage.

Edwards and Dusty on the outside.

This allows the selection of a more offensive, in-form weapon - one Marlion Pickett.

We can shuffle. Do we want to?

Also, Pickett is still miles off AFL.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Feel for the lad, but it was highly unlikely to be any other way.

Well done to the club for not putting the lad through the wringer only to miss out.

Stops all the conjecture and talk, and allows for the player coming in to integrate to the unit straight away.

Deserves every accolade and more that he can be afforded especially if we take the Flag, but nothing will ease his heartbreak of missing out.

A RICHMOND MAN , and already leader at his tender years and early point of his career.

Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Cotchin has been protected to an extent this year. I’d rotate him and Prestia to have one at every stoppage.

This allows the selection of a more offensive, in-form weapon - one Marlion Pickett.

Nice points there Baron

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Be an unbelievable story Baron if one M Picketss name is read out.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Ross will not run out 4 qtrs of intense footy. Has missed to much football.
Head is saying KMac, heart is saying Pickett. Stack no chance. Looked poppy on Sunday and limped off during game. Too much of a risk.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
He played mid on the weekend, tackling hard, then floating forward.

He actually played Graham's role.

I wouldn't be upset to see Ross there on Saturday. But I reckon Towner gives the least disruption to the side.

Towner had 3 disposals in his last AFL game. He can't run all day which is why he doesn't play a lot of midfield time even in the reserves. Townsend is zero chance. There's a reason Ross and Kmac were pulled out of the VFL GF. It's one of those two. I prefer Ross for Graham.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
All hail The Fridge for his selflessness for the Richmond Cause.
GWS have been banging on about how proud they are of Coniglio pulling out today in the best interests of the team.
He was never a chance to play in the Big Dance but his club is trying to put a positive spin on his non-selection.
Two badly injured/poorly prepared players (Davis and Whitfield) are more than enough to create dramas for GWS

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
How good was he in the prelim with his pressure. Tackling beast. Super unlucky for him.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Really feel for Graham.

In hindsight he and his grandmother could have played and we still would have destroyed GWS.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
JackG deservedly with a Premiership medal, at least for a little while.
FB_IMG_1569726734171.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 9 users