Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Miller was not our main issue tonight. It’s our bloody inability to hold onto a *smile* lead !

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He was ok but I reckon the backline looked a bit unsettled at times & lacked the usual surety.
Vlastuin was a big out after his stupid act last week.

Ralphy back there too. We were unsettled alright, Olds. Grimes played tall too. Not our structure.

As for Miller, he played his fourth game. I thought he was ok.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Miller's main issue has been his timidity, especially in the air. He stood under and took a terrific mark as the pack converged on him, right in front of me yesterday. As good a front posi mark as you'd expect from Grimes or Broad. Kicked the ball beautifully. Mabs probably beat him on the day, but Mabs is a very talented player who was fired up for the game so no shame.

Reactions: 7 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Miller's main issue has been his timidity, especially in the air. He stood under and took a terrific mark as the pack converged on him, right in front of me yesterday. As good a front posi mark as you'd expect from Grimes or Broad. Kicked the ball beautifully. Mabs probably beat him on the day, but Mabs is a very talented player who was fired up for the game so no shame.
Mabs had 9 touches, and though I didn't see the whole game, he seemed to get his goals over the back, wasn't a lot of one-on-one contesting.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Mabs had 9 touches, and though I didn't see the whole game, he seemed to get his goals over the back, wasn't a lot of one-on-one contesting.
You must have missed the strong marks in front he took.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Probably, he didn't take many playing for us.
I'm talking about yesterday. Chol took three contested marks, the most in the game. Nine score involvements, third in the game. 10 contested possessions, equal seventh in the game.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I'm talking about yesterday. Chol took three contested marks, the most in the game. Nine score involvements, third in the game. 10 contested possessions, equal seventh in the game.
How does he have 10 contested possessions from a total of 9 touches?

He seems to have improved as a player since moving north, and good luck to him, he probably would have played the bulk of games with us, if he had stayed, the way our season has panned out.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

He seems to have improved as a player since moving north, and good luck to him, he probably would have played the bulk of games with us, if he had stayed, the way our season has panned out.
You can win possession and not dispose of the ball. Happens every time a bloke is tackled without getting rid of it.

Mabs is having a good year. Improved again, as he has every year.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
It's an anamoly but I think it's fair enough if you beat a bloke in a contest for the pill for it to be counted as a contested possession whether you dispose of it or not.
Anyway, good on Mabs, he's had a good year with the Suns, test will be if he backs it up next year, if they continue to imrpove, and play finals.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Chol's game consisted of a few short leads, a couple if good grabs when he could push Miller off the ball and lots of waiting out the back. Oh, and he chased twice.

On Miller, he was OK. Nothing great, but nothing bad, tho disappointing he let Chol out muscle him a couple of times.