Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Miller's main issue has been his timidity, especially in the air. He stood under and took a terrific mark as the pack converged on him, right in front of me yesterday. As good a front posi mark as you'd expect from Grimes or Broad. Kicked the ball beautifully.
A great mark, I though he was ok on the day. Hope he stays in next week with Gibcus to play forward.

Reactions: 2 users
I thought the majority of Chol's possessions were on Grimes. When Day was on Miller went to him. Tarrant mostly had Casboult and was very good.
Miller should hold his spot.. Agree with others that Gibcus plays forward next week. In for Lynch or George

Reactions: 6 users
Chol's game consisted of a few short leads, a couple if good grabs when he could push Miller off the ball and lots of waiting out the back. Oh, and he chased twice.

On Miller, he was OK. Nothing great, but nothing bad, tho disappointing he let Chol out muscle him a couple of times.
Agree. I like him, but Chol got him twice with that early timed body work. He can fix that. He doesn’t fumble, is pretty quick and make good decisions and can kick and handball

Yeah Chol was the best key forward on the ground. Played well. Geez be handy now for us.

Was on Grimes more than Miller from what Leysy saw and outpointed him a few times.

Yeah Chol was the best key forward on the ground. Played well. Geez be handy now for us.

Was on Grimes more than Miller from what Leysy saw and outpointed him a few times.
We simply couldn’t afford to offer Chol what GC could. Besides he got to move back home. That aside I thought Miller did ok and should hold his spot.

Reactions: 1 users
If we have Nanks and Soldo out for the next match and have Balta coming back then he could do with some support. Miller has played ruck in VFL and has a good jump so he could do the emergency job for us especially as Dimma doesn't seem to be warm on young Ryan

Reactions: 1 user

Chol's work rate was terrible. Chased twice, but spent most of the time ambling after his opponent. He is a tall forward who wont fly in a pack. his opponent (Grimes) should have taken a match saving mark late, while he waited out the back. He took a couple of good marks out bodying his opponent, and on the lead.

The difference in work rate between a 25yo Chol and 33yo Riewoldt was stark.

I was sitting at the last quarter avalanche end so it was hard to tell match-ups up the other end, but Miller was definitely on Chol in the last quarter (I thought the second too, but could be mistaken).

I was sitting at the last quarter avalanche end so it was hard to tell match-ups up the other end, but Miller was definitely on Chol in the last quarter (I thought the second too, but could be mistaken).
I was at ground level the other end. Miller took Chol at every opp. Chol got one messy one on the goal line up my end. And took some good marks on the lead. ..I wish all our ex players well I miss none of them. We had too many 200cm players. Miller can mark, kick, and worked pretty well with Tarrant.
JR is still holding his spot. Lynch too. Balta has been just OK as KPF . Gibcus maybe better. See how Ryan/BAuer goes. I think Ryan would benefit from a game.

I was at ground level the other end. Miller took Chol at every opp. Chol got one messy one on the goal line up my end. And took some good marks on the lead. ..I wish all our ex players well I miss none of them. We had too many 200cm players. Miller can mark, kick, and worked pretty well with Tarrant.
JR is still holding his spot. Lynch too. Balta has been just OK as KPF . Gibcus maybe better. See how Ryan/BAuer goes. I think Ryan would benefit from a game.

I like Ryan, if Nank is ok for this week I'd still give Ryan a chance.

Balta in for Miller - reckon Balta is the most obvious matchup for Larkey
Gibcus in for Lynch
Ryan in for Soldo

I like Ryan, if Nank is ok for this week I'd still give Ryan a chance.

Balta in for Miller - reckon Balta is the most obvious matchup for Larkey
Gibcus in for Lynch
Ryan in for Soldo
I think Ryan's been going OK. I saw a bit of him vs Sydney and Amartey ~who plays senior footy.....Goldstein is obviously next level Ryan is 206..so he's got height. Look Nank doesn't win most of his games head to head....just have to rove to the oppo ruckman which we don't do well.

Yes he made a blue at the end when he was rushed, but overall he looked like a promising key defender today.

Reactions: 5 users
Did some good things. He seemed to be getting some confidence , running the full length of the ground to support and kicked a nice goal. He seemed to just give it a bit of toe and went quite some distance.
Some good work in the back half, pity about the shanked kick oof
A work in progress (still)