Pick 72: Ryan Garthwaite | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 72: Ryan Garthwaite

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
zippadeee said:
A club that constantly drafts footballers lacking the basics requirements to play the game

Yep.
Kicking skills should be the first requirement.
Clearly a mistake to recruit players with questionable kicking.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
easy said:
24 possys and 9 marks as a backman in the TAC granny.

I love those type of numbers on those types of occasions.

So do i easy, 2 of those marks were contested. He took 4 contested marks in the prelim final, so he can take a grab.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sintiger said:
What about Dylan Grimes ?

Reckon Grimes is best on the smalls.

I like this pick, we know we need a 3rd tall to release Vlas to the midfield. This guy looks like an upgrade on Butchelor.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Pass for leysy.

Regardless of his other attributes that kicking style will forever let his team down when hounded by 6 angry forwards that all teams deploy now.

Can see him being number 1 whipping boy by 2019.

Pass.

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
asian tetley said:
Yep.
Kicking skills should be the first requirement.
Clearly a mistake to recruit players with questionable kicking.

Rance couldn't kick when he was drafted to us. Look at him now...

Hello Newman

Eat em Alive
Jul 9, 2005
Don't know anything about this bloke but watched his highlights on the Richmond website and looks ok to me. Sure, he has an unorthodox kicking style but it seems to be effective and if anything, he minimises the margin for error by almost placing the ball on his boot rather than dropping it. God knows we need key position players and certainly didn't address this in tonight's draft but I'm happy with this one. Looks like he could be a player.

B

Bill James

Horrible looking action and I know its a highlight reel, but go and have a look at Cotchin and Martins draft highlight reels, they missed a lot more kicks than Garthwaite. I only saw one missed kick.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
How many were forward to a leading target TBH?

Surely we've had enough of, and the games moved by these types.

thejinx

Go Tiges!
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne, VIC
:-\ Kicks like my girlfriend when I force her to have a kick with me.

That ball drop won't do him any favours, under pressure, in an AFL backline.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bloody hell....visions of a McGun and Taylor Hunt hybrid. Must be an expert chip kicker.

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
thejinx said:

That ball drop won't do him any favours, under pressure, in an AFL backline.
Yep.
No matter how much we need a key defender, no matter how good one on one,no matter what stats in a TAC game.
Players who have questionable kicking are a liability.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Draft combine.

Goal kicking 25 out of 30, clean hands 28 out of 30, how about we give the kid a chance.

E

easy_tiger

Bill James said:
Horrible looking action and I know its a highlight reel, but go and have a look at Cotchin and Martins draft highlight reels, they missed a lot more kicks than Garthwaite. I only saw one missed kick.

inneresting

tigerman said:
Draft combine.

Goal kicking 25 out of 30, clean hands 28 out of 30, how about we give the kid a chance.

3rd forward?

thejinx said:

domestic violence?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
tigerman said:
Draft combine.

We are the opposite. We bag the *smile* out them and if they turn out to be any good we all jump on the back wagon, otherwise we say "we all knew he was *smile*"

E

easy_tiger

zippadeee said:
We are the opposite. We bag the sh!t out them and if they turn out to be any good we all jump on the back wagon, otherwise we say "we all knew he was sh!t"

Id prefer you spoke in singular, please zips