Pick 72: Ryan Garthwaite | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 72: Ryan Garthwaite

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
The cupboard is bare. Not good enough, not a controversial statement, just need him to play at his best for the rest of the season, which is barely OK.
I would rather we play Miller and find out whether either of them will make it at AFL level. I am convinced that I have seen enough with Garthwaite.

Reactions: 2 users

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
Hard to defend when the ball is coming in so cleanly. Opposition ball movement up the ground is killing us.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Playing on blokes who are bigger and stronger than him due to our injuries and he’s not quick enough for a flanker.
Does have ability but not suitable for us.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Couldn’t have asked more from him, however I don’t think he has the speed strength and skills needed to play on the AFLs finest key forwards, will be a ripper at any other level

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not his fault he's not AFL standard. We need to fined out if Miller is.

Reactions: 1 user

Stewlander

Tiger Cub
Jan 20, 2016
Once again people losing there minds over this guy. Yes he’s a battler but hardly the reason we lost. People posting Esava was “Carey like” are hilarious. He had 6 disposals and two junk time goals made his game way more flattering then it was. Garth especially early was excellent defensively.
Will he be part of our best 22 going forward? No! But does he deserve some of the heavy criticism on here especially from seasoned posters?? Definitely Not!!

Reactions: 9 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
He started well getting back in support as third man in, but was found out badly one on one. Just not big enough for that role. He's probably more suited to a Vlastuin type role, not a Balta role

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Aaron Francis has a good leap and is a very good user when he can get into the zone. He lacks belief but is talented and occasionally inspired. He also lacks physical strength. And is flakey.

Not quite a Garthwaite parallel.

Tom McCartin is slow. Can't jump. And doesn't get much ball. Hilariously deployed as a forward for most of his career. He's no star and can get chopped up from time to time. But he may yet be a pivotal player in Sydney's premiership campaign. And he's still improving. McCartin defends. That's good.

He's probably the best Garthwaite type in the game ATM. Garthwaite has to level up to that. And then he can graft a career.

Garthwaite is macho. I like that.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Who ever he plays on will have there best game of the year.
What's the sportbet's number??

• Haha

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Looks to be a good vfl player. Kicking action, while accurate, is just too slow for AFL, not tall tall enough for a KPD, not quick enough as a medium defender.
Time to give Miller a go for three weeks to see what he's got before they both get moved on

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Not good enough but at least he had a crack. I would make in our VFL captain next year. Not an AFL player.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
won't die wondering, great endeavour, just a bit below the level