Pick 72: Ryan Garthwaite | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 72: Ryan Garthwaite

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
How bad must Miller be?
It's a disgrace that he wasn't given a go so that we could have an iron clad determination, now surely you have to get rid of both.
Not unexpected both 3rd round picks

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
It's a disgrace that he wasn't given a go so that we could have an iron clad determination, now surely you have to get rid of both.
Not unexpected both 3rd round picks
So if both go and reportedly Astbury is cooked and is set to retire who's left? Balta & Nyuon are the only KPD left. Sure Broad & Grimes can play tall but I don't believe they play their best footy in that position. Might have to look at free agency, Talia goes alright and should have a good 1-2 years left in him

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So if both go and reportedly Astbury is cooked and is set to retire who's left? Balta & Nyuon are the only KPD left. Sure Broad & Grimes can play tall but I don't believe they play their best footy in that position. Might have to look at free agency, Talia goes alright and should have a good 1-2 years left in him
no we are just *smile*

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Very reactive... seems to wait for op to get the ball and wait to tackle vs get the ball first

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He is the eighth wonder of the world.
I wonder how he lasted this long on the RFC list.

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Garth has got half a dozen or more teammates who been just as bad or worse tonight.
By far the worst player on the ground, can't mark, slow as, no run, fumbles disrupts the cohesion of our other backs. So bad that our players eventually refused to handball or kick to him even when he was well clear. The tallest backs we had were Vlastuin and Grimes and it was a travesty to run these champs into the ground. The fault is selection, not Garth who is not up to AFL standard. No Balta, Astbury or Broad but there is no depth coming through ( Miller, Garth, have been on the list for years but no effort to replace them). Who is the talent scout for KPP's, need to replace and get someone who can pick a KPP who can at least take a mark.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
If a bloke lacks AFL traits he shouldn't be on an AFL list.
Yeh, tries his guts out but unfortunately not quite good enough. Seems like a terrific kid though, hopefully someone else picks him up.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Yeh, tries his guts out but unfortunately not quite good enough. Seems like a terrific kid though, hopefully someone else picks him up.
Hope he’s been studying or doing a trade. Played AFL and great for him, but he’s done with us now. And so is Miller if Garthwaite gets a game ahead of him.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
By far the worst player on the ground, can't mark, slow as, no run, fumbles disrupts the cohesion of our other backs. So bad that our players eventually refused to handball or kick to him even when he was well clear. The tallest backs we had were Vlastuin and Grimes and it was a travesty to run these champs into the ground. The fault is selection, not Garth who is not up to AFL standard. No Balta, Astbury or Broad but there is no depth coming through ( Miller, Garth, have been on the list for years but no effort to replace them). Who is the talent scout for KPP's, need to replace and get someone who can pick a KPP who can at least take a mark.
Should have been Chol tonight - not saying long term, but tonight , definitely better than Garth

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can't believe after 3 flags we still have a johnny Manton clone on our list.
We were fked the minute he came in for Astbury.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Poor Garthy. Not AFL standard but a really good bloke.........! Time to be ruthless Tigers!

Reactions: 1 users