Pick two young Tigers to make a big leap forward in 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick two young Tigers to make a big leap forward in 2024

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Make your bold predictions here. Who will take a big leap forward in 2024 from our young players?
For mine, it’s Kane McAuliffe and Thomson Dow.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Tom Brown.

I have him as the most talented from the 2021 draft crop.

Just needs an uninterrupted preseason.

Reactions: 3 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
From SA Amateurs to SNAFL 2nds to SNAFL 1st to VFL to AFL in one season

that just shouldn't happen , but it has, and we are a part of it

and any report I heard from the VFL or training reports went along the lines "he gets in the right spots "

besides that he seems to play within his capabilities , cool head , clean disposal , good choices with the pill

seems to good to be true , then 1st possession at AFL level , two bounces and spots up Dusty , quite an accurate pass

now he has the chance for a full preseason

Coulthard

and like his suggests if you are a Tigers supporter you will get one :ROFLMAO:

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Honourable mentions
Taylar Young - was seen by many as just holding onto a spot , pretty much thanks to injuries , his rise to AFL was very fast , at first he concentrated of beating his man and little else , towards the end of the season he was getting to other contests and helping spoil and doing a little more with the ball in attack , we will see what we've got in '24
Tresize - looked great in his debut game against Port, but Port were playing in second gear a little bit , he deserved his debut game with a good block of games in the VFL , the intensity of the game wasn't his fault and he looked comfortable at level , it won't be easy for him to get a game early as he will be looking to compete with the likes of Vlastuin, Broad, Short , D Rioli, Ross , Baker , Grimmes , Pickett for defender / wing role but can see a bright future for him

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Trezise, Gibcus, Sonsie, Campbell, Coulthard, Cumberland.

Wait, two?

Also, McAuliffe and Bauer.

Year of the kids, I think. Some older blokes should be flexing their coaching muscles.

Reactions: 1 user

sportshow

Tiger Rookie
Apr 14, 2009
although i've been burnt here before - Cumbers

And Coulthard (MRJ who?)

Special mentiones S Ryan and Bauer

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I'll go Brown and Sonsie.
Hon mention: Dow

Reactions: 2 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
U know what is absolutely fantastic about this thread,the fact that we have named 10 different young players,it shows our scope for improvement is quite large.

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
Cumberland and Sonsie, simply because I don't think Hardwick liked them very much. Indeed, if Hardwick hadn't dumped us for the money and because he preferred an easy gig at GG rather than doing the hard yards at Richmond, I think there is no doubt Cumberland would have requested a trade. They'll both get lots of opportunity next year, if they don't shine, it will be on them.