Pick two young Tigers to make a big leap forward in 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick two young Tigers to make a big leap forward in 2024

U know what is absolutely fantastic about this thread,the fact that we have named 10 different young players,it shows our scope for improvement is quite large.

Agree. In fact picking 2 is impossible.

I'm going Cumberland and Sonsie as the two most likely to have the most impact.

But Brown, Banks, Bauer, Coulthard all look like they can make an impact.

Trezise, Smith, Campbell as well.

Gibcus can explode at any time too (just as long as the hammy doesn't explode)

Reactions: 1 users
U know what is absolutely fantastic about this thread,the fact that we have named 10 different young players,it shows our scope for improvement is quite large.
I thought the same. I bet the club has the same level of optimism.

Reactions: 3 users
Yep, so many names come to mind, but I’ll go with Brown and Sonz

Reactions: 4 users
The fun thing will be when I bring this out again towards the end of the season.
Who will be our best judges?
Our winner should be self evident but it must come from the pundits who have only chosen two!

Last edited:
I'll go Brown and Sonsie.
Hon mention: Dow
I'm with you on the top 2, I was impressed with Brown in his cameo appearance, for a moment I was dreaming of another Bowden in the family. Sonsie's backend to the year was very good and I expect him to take the next step this season.

Dow lacks poise, he's a half-man in football parlance, this is one area that is difficult to fix. If after 5 seasons he hasn't established himself then you have to be realistic about ceilings. There might be some small incremental gains but he still represents a longshot.

Reactions: 1 user
Sonsie and Trezise for me,
but I'd love to see Campbell and Smith get a few games after their injury woes.

Lots of honorable mentions that have already been mentioned...

Reactions: 1 users
My 2 are Brown & Sonsie. I have high hopes for them.

But just look at the list of players mentioned, there's 13 of them 21 or under & no one has MRJ listed. He's another who could surprise us all.
Imo he was very poorly handled last season, his 2022 year was pretty good, if he can regain that sort of form he'll be a fine asset for us.

What an enthralling preseason & early rounds of 2024 we've got coming up.

As Big Kev used to say "I'm excited"

Reactions: 4 users
Sonsie & Brown if i have to just pick 2 but

Banks , Coulthard , Clarke , Campbell could all jump out of the box

Cumberland i would love to put his name into the top 2 but just cant trust his brain farts and confidence issue's
The kid plays the game in his head 3 times before he steps onto the ground

Reactions: 1 user
Cumberland i would love to put his name into the top 2 but just cant trust his brain farts and confidence issue's
The kid plays the game in his head 3 times before he steps onto the ground
I'm confident the new coach/es will free up his thought processes and he will perform like a new draftee.
Hardwick was seriously messing with the kid.

Sonz & Banks if i had to pick 2, but there's another few i am excited to see how they go this yr too. More the merrier.