Picks 52 + 70 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Picks 52 + 70

bullus_hit said:
Ramsey has done amazingly well so far, he was stiff not to get AA honours in the u/18's, however the lift in intensity will surely test his abilities.
Be a great story to follow, good luck to the kid

Jayden Short. I'm going to say something totally mockable that will come back to haunt me.

He reminds me of Robbie Gray.

SCOOP said:
Jayden Short. I'm going to say something totally mockable that will come back to haunt me.

Easy out. Just claim you mean their first name had two syllables and their surname has one.

there are 2 big ruck/key forwards over here in the west 200cm/100kegs that will both go because of there size but not rated as they are seen as Hampson clones. Not sure of there names but got this from a junior list manager /developer from a wafl club. Also only knock on pickett is temprement

Fingers crossed we have some good sliding mids at these picks - and there is a good chance this will happen with other teams possibly taking some speculative picks off the radar before these picks.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Fingers crossed we have some good sliding mids at these picks - and there is a good chance this will happen with other teams possibly taking some speculative picks off the radar before these picks.

Nice piece on Maynard today, Sounds like a determined kid - Perhaps he might be available at #33
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-11-23/draft-trumps-brayden-maynard

turk-d-tiger said:
Nice piece on Maynard today, Sounds like a determined kid - Perhaps he might be available at #33
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-11-23/draft-trumps-brayden-maynard

Outside chance but not likely, Adelaide will take him at 35 in a worst case scenario.

Just read the article on Clem Smith, what a story.
I hope the lad gets a shot with a team, I wouldn't mind if we pick him with one of these picks!

turk-d-tiger said:
??? ??? ???

#33 is before #35

Just stating his range, we'd be in a whisker of getting him if he did become available. He's more likely to fall in the twenties, my guess is GC grab him.

SCOOP said:

posted the above before I read this.

clem Smith according to the good judges is a modern day Byron Picket would be an eventual upgrade on Morris

Kaelan said:
clem Smith according to the good judges is a modern day Byron Picket would be an eventual upgrade on Morris

I like Clem but would only play him in the forward half personally. He gives away too many silly free kicks at this stage, plus gets lazy with his disposal. Would love him at 52 though I can see WC taking him just before us.

Harry said:
Nice. A bit of Robbie Gray about him

Harry said:
posted the above before I read this.

That's who I see. The movement and step is something you can't teach.

The talent is there, is a wonderful kick of either foot. If not for the broken jaw, he plays Vic Metro. This is exactly the type we need in the forward half. We have no one like him at 179cm.

I'm very strong on this boy. I'd go at 52. Weller, Webb, Short.

SCOOP said:
That's who I see. The movement and step is something you can't teach.

The talent is there, is a wonderful kick of either foot. If not for the broken jaw, he plays Vic Metro. This is exactly the type we need in the forward half. We have no one like him at 179cm.

I'm very strong on this boy. I'd go at 52. Weller, Webb, Short.

Could shoot for a Jayden trifecta - Laverde (12), McGrath (52), Short (67)

Stylo said:
Could shoot for a Jayden trifecta - Laverde (12), McGrath (52), Short (67)

That would be a dream, along with some Miller time.

For our last pick I'd like to see Beasley or McGuinness called out.