Poll: Is it too early to call "Season Over?" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poll: Is it too early to call "Season Over?"

Poll: Is it too early to call "Season Over?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
We have won 9 of 12 quarters at the G tbis year against good opposition. We are a different team there.
With Lambo and KMac back, I have a serious feeling this week. Melbourne are also due

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I think we as supporters need to think about adjusting back to reality. I don't think we can win the premiership, but seasons are about more than that. We'll watch some kids come up, some old timers play their hardest as they finish their stellar careers. I still remember when being mid field was fun, as we gradually improved with new stars and admittedly plenty of false dawns. I think the rebuild has started, but it's going to be a little organic. We can't throw the baby out with the bathwater, when we've only got one young top-10 pick we recruited in the whole squad.
So the season isn't over. Making finals would be a success. If we have Dusty back and find some form, we might even be dangerous if we can get there. But it's certainly not going to be like the past 4-5 years, that fantasy is finished.

Reactions: 5 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Unless Martin gets back and is fit and in form then we will struggle.

Melbourne this weekend then a series of games where, if we are to be there this year, we need to win nearly all of them.

Can make a call by the bye l reckon

If we can't beat Adelaide, then West Coast (a), Collingwood, Hawthorn and Essendon are 50/50 at best.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I'm still confident that we play finals this year.

We are actually playing a lot better than last year.

It will depend on the health of our stars.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
GONE!

We are currently in that no mans land list wise. Champions too old and youth not experienced enough. The gulf of quality 25-28 year olds is where it will hurt us with that consistency we will need to win enough games to make finals.

Reactions: 1 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
GONE!

We are currently in that no mans land list wise. Champions too old and youth not experienced enough. The gulf of quality 25-28 year olds is where it will hurt us with that consistency we will need to win enough games to make finals.
Need at least one or two elite mids in the next draft. Trading for one might even be the go.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Should have done that last draft. We got Sonsie. Probably would have been nice to grab another. Isn't this year a KPP draft?
Been saying this for a few years without tooting my own horn but I wasnt too chuffed about Ben Hobbs debut and I was of the opinion we should have taken him last year.

If we neglect mids again then we will just be in a worse position next year.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
A good year can differ,with Tigers currently,if we finish 10 th but have potential stars like Clarke, Banks, Sonsie, Brown, Gibcus added to other realitively young players plus lots of cap space,then it is advancement.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Would anyone here trade Balta, Gibcus for Ward, Callaghan,
I wouldn't as young kps are gold,and finding mids much much easier,tigers picking up the hard bits first when available,right call

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Been saying this for a few years without tooting my own horn but I wasnt too chuffed about Ben Hobbs debut and I was of the opinion we should have taken him last year.

If we neglect mids again then we will just be in a worse position next year.

I think we should be looking at underdeveloping / under exposed mids at other clubs. Based on what we saw at the Lions, if you told me Ben Keays would be averaging 31 disposals , 6 tackles and 6 clearances a game at the Crows I would have slapped you for being silly. We just need to unearth a bloke like this and we are on our way

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Some will say i am being overdramatic and/or alarmist after 5 rounds. but I do not think we can win the flag from here. At best perhaps we could snag 7th or 8th, but even that will be a struggle.

I know teams have gone on to win the flag from worse position that we find ourselves in, but I think we have too many deficiencies to turn it around.

- 4th quarter fadeouts.
- Slow in transition and getting back behind the ball.
- Turnovers galore.
- Midfield getting destroyed every week.
- Can’t stop opposition momentum.
- Frustration boiling over into discipline issues.
- Some of the older players look shot.

For the first time in 6 years we are going into a game where we know we have no chance. its a shock to the system.
Add that Dimma still hasn’t adapted for he rules and doesn’t know how to incorporate that will our system

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
I remember in the grand final years that I was confidant if were less than five goals down at 3/4 time, that we would run over the top of any side and win.

This year other teams are running over the top of us.

Not sure why?

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
I remember in the grand final years that I was confidant if were less than five goals down at 3/4 time, that we would run over the top of any side and win.

This year other teams are running over the top of us.

Not sure why?
We give a full 1/2 we don’t have enough in the tank to go 3/4 let alone

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Think winning a final would constitute a successful season coming from where we finished last year.
Winning 2 finals would be a dream.
Winning the Premiership?
2017 deja vu

Reactions: 1 user