Possible Late Picks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Possible Late Picks

turk-d-tiger said:
Lang will be a great get but there starting yo talk about him as an early 2nd now
Agreed. I'm currently leaning Bourke will be pick 50.

I've currently got

Pick #12 - Nathan Freeman
Pick #50 - Nick Bourke
Pick #68 - Sam Lloyd

Rookie 1 - Jake Best
Rookie 2 - Matt Thomas
Rookie 3 - Clayton McCartney

Currently training with the Tigers

Richmond
Ryan Bathie (Geelong), Nathan Batsanis (Port Melbourne), Matt Thomas (Port Adelaide).

Smoking Aces said:
Currently training with the Tigers

Richmond
Ryan Bathie (Geelong), Nathan Batsanis (Port Melbourne), Matt Thomas (Port Adelaide).

cant remember seeing him play, but Thomas would seem a good cheap pick up. Good size (185/85 odd), age (26) and tough in the Hardwick mould (15 poss/ 5 tackle avg over 90 or so games).

Matt Thomas. He's been given a go and shown he's not afl std. Why not give someone like Cain a go instead. Don't understand this recycled crap players. U known wat ur getting with Thomas, not much. With Cain?? He may just adapt and click in afl circles..... Pies have the right idea with rookie spots - mature proven state players who could step up. Gotta give them a go and see wat happens

keepa lids onit said:
Matt Thomas. He's been given a go and shown he's not afl std. Why not give someone like Cain a go instead. Don't understand this recycled crap players. U known wat ur getting with Thomas, not much. With Cain?? He may just adapt and click in afl circles..... Pies have the right idea with rookie spots - mature proven state players who could step up. Gotta give them a go and see wat happens

Thats far enough lids, and i'm not necessarily advocating getting Thomas, but with the new tigers vfl team, I think list management will be slightly different. We cant have 20 x 18-22 year olds running around in the 2nds, there will have to be a few competant journeymen in there. The reigning magarey medalist, with a big body and some experience could add some cheap depth, experience and competitiveness, mostly to the 2's with perhaps a handful of servicable games in the 1's as required. A big factor in this type of spot on the list will be $$$$. If you had a bloke on $250K doing this, your in strife, but if a bloke is on $75K performing this role, your probably doing OK.

tigs2010 said:

I've currently got

Pick #50 - Nick Bourke
Pick #68 - Sam Lloyd

Rookie 1 - Jake Best
Rookie 2 - Matt Thomas

Nick Bourke not in Anderson's phantom draft. Why would you pick him mate?

Also what are thoughts on Louis Herbert? I think he is worth a look at for our last pick.

tigergollywog said:
Thats far enough lids, and i'm not necessarily advocating getting Thomas, but with the new tigers vfl team, I think list management will be slightly different. We cant have 20 x 18-22 year olds running around in the 2nds, there will have to be a few competant journeymen in there. The reigning magarey medalist, with a big body and some experience could add some cheap depth, experience and competitiveness, mostly to the 2's with perhaps a handful of servicable games in the 1's as required. A big factor in this type of spot on the list will be $$$$. If you had a bloke on $250K doing this, your in strife, but if a bloke is on $75K performing this role, your probably doing OK.
Understand ur point but is till think a Cain for eg can do this. He's mature enough. And also I don't think we should be using the tigers list spots predominately to recruit seconds players.
If it's the case as ur saying with Thomas put him on the ressies list as sell him the fact that we will be watching him every week and if performing May get on our afl list the year after. Don't know something like that but we shouldn't waste senior spots for ressies players. I'm sure players would be willing to play under an afl structured ressies team as they are in the faces of senior coaches all the time pushing their cases to the main men.

keepa lids onit said:
Understand ur point but is till think a Cain for eg can do this. He's mature enough. And also I don't think we should be using the tigers list spots predominately to recruit seconds players.
If it's the case as ur saying with Thomas put him on the ressies list as sell him the fact that we will be watching him every week and if performing May get on our afl list the year after. Don't know something like that but we shouldn't waste senior spots for ressies players. I'm sure players would be willing to play under an afl structured ressies team as they are in the faces of senior coaches all the time pushing their cases to the main men.

You're assuming Cain and Thomas are like for like; they're not. Cain is more of an outside mid. Thomas is an inside workhorse, great protection for the youngsters at VFL

Looks like the Pies are going to get Conlon at 65. Would love him at 68 - super talent, just injured. Would be tempted at 50.

Wonder if Meriyck Buchanan will get picked up. Similar type to brother Amon. Very talented family - Liam coulda been a contender as a batsman if he didn't love the sauce so much.

spook said:
Looks like the Pies are going to get Conlon at 65. Would love him at 68 - super talent, just injured. Would be tempted at 50.

Wonder if Meriyck Buchanan will get picked up. Similar type to brother Amon. Very talented family - Liam coulda been a contender as a batsman if he didn't love the sauce so much.

he does look like a ripper smokey spook with dollops of sauce on his head.

tigs2010 said:

I've currently got

Pick #50 - Nick Bourke
Pick #68 - Sam Lloyd

Rookie 1 - Jake Best
Rookie 2 - Matt Thomas

What type of players are Best and McCartney?

This Is Anfield said:
Could we get Lennon, McCartney & Best!!!

Best to be delisted and replaced by Starkey :p

Funnily enough they would actually all be good fits. I'd be quite happy with those three on our list novelty value notwithstanding