Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
We have Xavier Naish this year but not sure he will be drafted , Couple of friends who have watched him said maybe a Rookie spot but dont think we have nominated him as a FS

Reactions: 1 user

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
I heard from a bloke who has done a lot of work with junior footballers over the years that the youngest Naish looks very good.
Said he looked like he'd end up quite a bit taller than Patrick and that he was a better kick on both sides.
Also said he was a good mover who tracked the ball well and had good hands.
He's 14 I think, so plenty can go wrong (or right) between now and when he's drafting age, but a prospect to keep an eye on.

Reactions: 6 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I heard from a bloke who has done a lot of work with junior footballers over the years that the youngest Naish looks very good.
Said he looked like he'd end up quite a bit taller than Patrick and that he was a better kick on both sides.
Also said he was a good mover who tracked the ball well and had good hands.
He's 14 I think, so plenty can go wrong (or right) between now and when he's drafting age, but a prospect to keep an eye on.

I saw Chris Naish and one of his sons at training last year and he towered over his old man which isn't hard as he is 173cm. The baby face had me thinking it was Charlie but the height had me thinking it must be Xavier, after reading above it was certainly Charlie.

Also heard 3rd hand the word 'mongrel' associated with Charlie, (probably the youngest sibling syndrome).

Charlie's draft year is 2022 i believe?

Last edited:

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I saw Chris Naish and one of his sons at training last year and he towered over his old man which isn't hard as he is 173cm. The baby face had me thinking it was Charlie but the height had me thinking it must be Xavier, after reading above it was certainly Charlie.

Also heard 3rd hand the word 'mongrel' associated with Charlie, (probably the youngest sibling syndrome).

Charlie's draft year is 2022 i believe?
Xavier is not tall almost identical to patrick

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Tony Free has another son Harrison I just read. Anyone know anything about him?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Listening to Joel on RSN the other day, he said that he coaches his son in the under 12's. A very good player was Joel.

Reactions: 1 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Read that kevin bartlett's grandson is very promising,pity is ,we have no hold as like Tom Green and it burns.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Read that kevin bartlett's grandson is very promising,pity is ,we have no hold as like Tom Green and it burns.
Just put that one away like the squirrel would.

it would be sacrilegious if the lad wore any other jumper.

while KB is an immortal so there’s none of this turning in his grave if the little tacker played elsewhere. So he won’t!

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Matty Clarke mentioned at Club 80 that Paul Broderick's son was a possibility as was Charlie Naish

I'm sure Brodders had an eligible son a couple of years back

Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Matty Clarke mentioned at Club 80 that Paul Broderick's son was a possibility as was Charlie Naish

I'm sure Brodders had an eligible son a couple of years back
Brodders eldest boy played with my mate’s son at Fitzroy Juniors and would be around 21yrs old now. He also played in the same team with Tom McKenzie who got drafted and delisted by Nth. Brother of Elle

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Brodders eldest boy played with my mate’s son at Fitzroy Juniors and would be around 21yrs old now. He also played in the same team with Tom McKenzie who got drafted and delisted by Nth. Brother of Elle
Took the wrong McKenzie , poor old Norf lololololol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The future is bright ! (I think...)