Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
You haven't seen his transformation this year into a half forward at the Dolphins. Some say he's the best player under 23 in the VFL right now and favourite to win the Fothergill-Round-Mitchell medal and that was even before the mid season draft happened.

VFL Showreel, R3: Son of a gun Lambert blossoms with four goals

He tackles to hurt and has speed. Can obviously find the goals too.

Got sneaky feeling that's why he didn't nominate for mid season we're in to him.

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Any news on Paul Brodericks young fellas? I seem to remember there was a bit of hope that one of them might make it.

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
So do we have anyone this year to look forward to?
I see Charlie Naish is in the Northern Knights Under 19 squad, does anyone have any updates on him ? I don't think he is draft eligible until next year but one to keep an eye on for father/son.

Delediodelight

Tiger Cub
Aug 23, 2007
I see Charlie Naish is in the Northern Knights Under 19 squad, does anyone have any updates on him ? I don't think he is draft eligible until next year but one to keep an eye on for father/son.
Charlie had 15 touches, was named on on ball in team sheet, which is positive for a bottom age. It will be interesting tracking his progress this year

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Charlie had 15 touches, was named on on ball in team sheet, which is positive for a bottom age. It will be interesting tracking his progress this year
Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Yes it will be good to track his progress, no doubt he will play a bit of footy with Ivanhoe as well.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
We picked the worst academy zone by far. We did a FS win badly.

Reactions: 1 user

Delediodelight

Tiger Cub
Aug 23, 2007
Credit to Rookieme.com

#19 Charlie Naish

Bearing a striking resemblance in his gamestyle to his brother Patrick, Naish provided some slick ball use on the outside and a very handy left foot. A late inclusion for the game, the bottom-ager moved well down a wing and also provided some good spread, taking seven marks and putting the ball inside 50 six times from only 15 disposals. He had a set shot opportunity in the first term but missed to the right, but continued to present when resting forward, and then pushed up to impact through the middle of the ground, setting up a Caddy goal. He and Caddy combined on a number of occasions, which gave a Richmond flavour to the match.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
I can't see how NGA is going to work for tigers as if they show promise,we can't draft them with all clubs able to pick them off.
The Afl always reacts against any Melbourne club getting to much draft advantages but is ok for Sydney and GWS to access elite talent such as Mills,Heeney,Tom Green,etc.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Credit to Rookieme.com

#19 Charlie Naish

Bearing a striking resemblance in his gamestyle to his brother Patrick, Naish provided some slick ball use on the outside and a very handy left foot. A late inclusion for the game, the bottom-ager moved well down a wing and also provided some good spread, taking seven marks and putting the ball inside 50 six times from only 15 disposals. He had a set shot opportunity in the first term but missed to the right, but continued to present when resting forward, and then pushed up to impact through the middle of the ground, setting up a Caddy goal. He and Caddy combined on a number of occasions, which gave a Richmond flavour to the match.
So who is this Caddy? Surely not a younger brother of Josh? Cousin maybe?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Richo just had his 3rd daughter.

He can now join the all daughter ex player club that includes: Jack, Newy, Lids, Tiva, Gaspar, (Bowden has 3). Something in the water at Punt Rd.

We need to get Pickett to 100 games. I don't care if he has to spend the last 25 as medical sub just get it done.

He should be on around 60 games by year end so we need another 2 full seasons from him.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Not eligible for F/S but AFL site talking up Max Knobel, son of Trent. 204cm ruckman. Is he any good?
He is one of the Vic country Rucks,at 204cm 87 kg he is still 17 and is agile,his skills are decent,but needs to impose himself more ,needs to get a harder edge.