PRE 2017 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2017 Phantom Draft

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigersnake said:
Pick 12:

Adelaide choose Patrick Naish, 183cm 74kg

We like Patrick's run and carry, class, smarts, long kicking and ability to hit the scoreboard. While we haven't been able to do internal testing as yet, our biomechanics expert believes he has a good power ranger-stance potential, which is the icing on the cake.

I'm assuming Turk won't match, but I'll open it up for Richmnd to counter.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
tigersnake said:
Pick 12:

Adelaide choose Patrick Naish, 183cm 74kg

We like Patrick's run and carry, class, smarts, long kicking and ability to hit the scoreboard. While we haven't been able to do internal testing as yet, our biomechanics expert believes he has a good power ranger-stance potential, which is the icing on the cake.

You B*****D

You got me right at the sweet spot of the draft that I have to match the bid, If it was #11 - I would have passed
#12 is 1268 points and with the 20% Discount it falls to 1014 points ( #17 is 1025 points) so it doesnt effect our next selection at #20 , So effectively makes no difference if its #12 or #16 thats bid as Richmond only use #17

In all honesty i believe there is no chance of Adelaide bidding on Naish as they have shown no interest and are extremely worried about go home factor as far as Pike actually asking a draftee about if he will be the next Lever, The only reason Adelaide would bid on Naish is because they are still Salty about the GF ::) - But this is a mock so we'll play it how it falls

#12 - Richmond select Patrick Naish

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Adelaide select:

Jack Higgins. Oakleigh Chargers, Vic metro. 178cm 77KG

We love Jack's attack. Kick it long, kick it short, kick it goals. Forward pressure is what kicked him over the edge for us, its the new black. Plus Morrish Medal winner. We won't get fooled again, we now have a no non-medal winners policy.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Reckon the SA bogans will bid to get back at us for pulling down their pants and slapping them silly on GF day.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Harry said:
Reckon the SA bogans will bid to get back at us for pulling down their pants and slapping them silly on GF day.

let me state unquivocably for the public record bitterness or revenge played no part in us selecting Patrick and making those Victorian knuckle draggers pay through the nose. 8-

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
tigersnake said:
let me state unquivocably for the public record bitterness or revenge played no part in us selecting Patrick and making those Victorian knuckle draggers pay through the nose. 8-
gold

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
tigersnake said:

Well revenge is extremely sweet

Adelaide only have 2 selections in this draft as they have upgraded 2 rookies
Richmond bidding on Tyson Edwards son with our #25 will not only make Adelaide use their #39 in this years draft but will also put them into deficit fand just about wiping out their 2nd rounder in 2018

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
turk-d-tiger said:

Richmond bidding on Tyson Edwards son with our #25 will not only make Adelaide use their #39 in this years draft but will also put them into deficit fand just about wiping out their 2nd rounder in 2018

Adelaide have stated on the public record that we will select Jackson Edwards as a F/S selection if he makes it to the rookie draft.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:

And if Adelaide don't match?

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
With Pick 15 Swans select Hunter Clark from the Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country

Half-back/midfielder, Ht 186cm, Wt 79kg He can use the ball well on both feet

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Pick 16. Brisbane

Noah Balta

Having moved up the draft in order to secure a promising tall, Brisbane walk away absolutely delighted to have secured a player they rank in their top 10. Whilst Balta is still a work in progress the Lions see enormous potential in a player they feel can eventually fill a role in the midfield. At worst they see Balta as an ideal second ruck/utility in the Cam Pederson mould, at best they can see Balta becoming a Bontempelli/Fyfe type midfielder who will be a nightmare match-up. Just to give people a rundown on Balta's athletic ability, he possesses elite agility (TAC top 5th percentile), leap (89cm) & pace (2.98sec/20m) for a 195cm player, he also weighs in at 94kg so will be ready for a taste of AFL footy as early as 2018.

In rating Balta's 2017 one has to be very careful in not becoming too preoccupied with his lack of football IQ and should instead be focusing on what a good coaching regime could bring out of such an imposing athlete. For one, Balta has already chalked up a dominant 31 disposal game in the TAC which included 17 contested possessions & 14 score involvements. In the ruck he has pitted his wares against dual AA player Sam Hayes & broken even, this despite giving away 8cm. On that count Balta's leap & timing is exceptional, it's almost a pity he isn't 5cm taller because he'd be the best ruck prospect in this year's draft. As a forward he also has plenty of runs on the board, in 2016 he averaged 2.3 goals a game and just a tick under 1 goal in 2017. Perhaps the highlight was his 80 metre bomb from the centre square playing for Calder, a kick which cleared the goal line on the full. Whilst Balta's state form was a little more low key it must be acknowledged that he has only just started his apprenticeship as a defender, this could be deemed as a positive because it has seen his stocks drop over the course of the season. Despite playing out of his native position Balta showed flashes of brilliance with some daring run and carry and strong intercept marking.

At pick 16 grabbing a player with such enormous upside is a no-brainer, Brisbane cut a deal with Richmond and the cards have fallen beautifully.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Pick 17 - Western Bulldogs

Connor Ballenden - Brisbane Lions Academy

Assume Brisbane match the bid with their next pick, in which case Western Bulldogs select:

Mitchell Podhajski - Calder Cannons

Lower profile on the internet, however, rated higher than Balta on most club draft boards. A 3rd tall defender at 192cm that is both tough and has elite disposal skills. The modern defender in the Lever mould that will transition to senior football seamlessly