PRE 2017 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2017 Phantom Draft

32. The West Coast Eagles selects Gryan Miers (18 years old, 177 cm, 73 kg, small forward/midfielder, Geelong U/18). With a slow & impotent forward line, Miers brings much needed speed, work rate and pressure.

Pick 34 - saints choose Cassidy Parish. Brother of Darcy but much more inside. At 189cm will be a big bodied inside mid. We need to work on his kicking but, rectify that, and it's not beyond the realm of possibility that we have chosen the best inside mid in the draft

35. Geelong - Oscar Clavarino. With the retirement of Lonergan and Harry Taylor not getting any younger we’re after a key back and decided on Clavarino marginally ahead of Sam Taylor.

footballmonk said:
35. Geelong - Oscar Clavarino. With the retirement of Lonergan and Harry Taylor not getting any younger we’re after a key back and decided on Clavarino marginally ahead of Sam Taylor.

Good pick at this point in the draft.

Tigerdog said:
Melbourne select Liam Ryan

Hit level 20 in the yo-yo test so has improved his endurance from last year. Reckon he'll get drafted given quick smalls are in vogue now.

footballmonk said:
24. Geelong select Joel Garner.

Completely ballsed up and forgot about him the pick before!!

Would’ve taken him over Richards! Ha!

spook said:
With pick 30, Carlton selects Nathan Murphy. Athletic medium swingman with midfield potential. Good value here as he could well go top-20 in the real deal.

Huge value there. Agree, Reckon he goes 10-20.

SCOOP said:

Thought that too, wouldn't be upset if we take him with one of our picks.

37. The West Coast Eagles selects Tim Kelly (23 years old, 183 cm, 83 kg, midfielder/small forward, South Fremantle). Local boy Kelly comes as a ready made player who has worked hard at his game in the past season. Compared to Jimmy Krakouer, he’s a smooth runner and skilful user providing creativity most players don’t have. Can play inside and out & while he was tagged in the WAFL this year he could move forward to alleviate some of the pressure at times.

Adelaide select Zac Bailey 180kg 68kg, at pick 39. Liked him on the Mcg. Fast, tough, and gets the ball. And does a good power rangers stance. chuffed.

SCOOP said:

Typical lucky Geelong! I was expecting him to be gone (Petrucelle was my next choice) so was delighted.

Pick 40. Brisbane

Hugh Dixon

The Lions missed out on Oscar Allen by a whisker but are very pleased to grab another promising key position forward in Dixon. Personally I thought Hugh was incredibly stiff to miss out on AA selection being edged out by Brander in the final analysis. Dixon ended up having a very consistent campaign kicking 9 goals and showed that he doesn't need tons of ball to make an impact. His form for the Kingsborough Tigers has also been impressive and despite being in a lesser league Dixon's highlight reel is super impressive.

tigersnake said:
Adelaide select Zac Bailey 180kg 68kg, at pick 39. Liked him on the Mcg. Fast, tough, and gets the ball. And does a good power rangers stance. chuffed.
Good pick, he was my third option at pick 30. (My second option is still out there.)

bullus_hit said:
Richmond selects Oscar Allen with pick 20.

Thanks for the help bullus mate, The draft was going very fast and i didnt expect it to get to #20 so quickly but happy with my selection of Oscar Allen
But why did you have to take Balta :'( as i would have loved to have taken him with #25 Grrr

Extremely suprising Brisbane going all out talls
Dev Tiger said:
Collingwood select Sam Taylor at pick 38.

I was just quitely hoping he would be around for the Tigers with our #53
Tigers of Old said:
Pick 39 already? :shakehead
This is the fastest PD in PRE history

Certainly is - Doesnt anybody have some work to do