PRE 2017 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2017 Phantom Draft

King Kong said:
Pick 17 - Western Bulldogs

Connor Ballenden - Brisbane Lions Academy

Assume Brisbane match the bid with their next pick, in which case Western Bulldogs select:

Mitchell Podhajski - Calder Cannons

Lower profile on the internet, however, rated higher than Balta on most club draft boards. A 3rd tall defender at 192cm that is both tough and has elite disposal skills. The modern defender in the Lever mould that will transition to senior football seamlessly

Caught me a bit off guard with that bid but Brisbane match.

Gold Coast: Aaron Naughton
Key Position Defender (Peel/Western Australia)
30/11/19999 | 194.0cm | 85.0kg

Scouting notes: Played as a bottom-ager in two of Western Australia’s NAB AFL Under 18 Championship games in 2016, and was named as a co-captain for the 2017 carnival where he impressed in defence. He marks well overhead and is a good reader of the play. Has an awkward ball drop which can affect his left foot kicking efficiency at times, but mostly it gets where it needs to go. Made his League debut in the WAFL and didn’t looked out of place.

tigertim said:
Gold Coast: Aaron Naughton
Key Position Defender (Peel/Western Australia)
30/11/19999 | 194.0cm | 85.0kg

Scouting notes: Played as a bottom-ager in two of Western Australia’s NAB AFL Under 18 Championship games in 2016, and was named as a co-captain for the 2017 carnival where he impressed in defence. He marks well overhead and is a good reader of the play. Has an awkward ball drop which can affect his left foot kicking efficiency at times, but mostly it gets where it needs to go. Made his League debut in the WAFL and didn’t looked out of place.

already drafted tim

tigersnake said:
already drafted tim
Whoops, sorry, I’ll try again:

Callum Coleman-Jones (SA)
Best position: Ruck/key forward
Height, weight: 199cm, 98kg
Recruited from: Sturt

Rationale: Big body who can take a mark, find a lot of the ball around the ground and has the performances on the board both through the ruck and up forward. Appears an ideal relieving ruckman. Out for the season with knee surgery to solve a patella issue, but has done more than enough.

BrisTiger24 said:
Great pick at 20 Bully....I'd be surprised if he got past West Coast

Acting for Turk by proxy but he was my man at 19 before copping the Doggies Ballenden bid. Already has senior exposure & is the reigning Larke medallist. Hoping this happens in the real deal, Balta, Allen & Naish would be a terrific haul.

21. The West Coast Eagles selects Lochie O’Brien (18 years old, 184 cm, 77 kg, Bendigo U/18). Speedy, elite runner and precise left foot, O’Brien has all the attributes to be a long term winger. Could replace Gaff’s role should he leave next free agency period

22. Geelong - Matthew Ling. We love our local boys and were delighted that he was still available.

26. The West Coast Eagles selects Lachlan Fogarty (18 years old, 179 cm, 75 kg, midfielder/small forward, Western U/18). Fogarty comes to the club with the ability to apply severe pressure to the opposition by his profilic tackling numbers. Is a good decision maker and clean by foot who can play inside and outside midfield or as a pressure forward. Claimed All Australian honours this year.

So Richmond get Naish, Allen and Hayes?
All of a sudden I've got something new to think about when I'm alone, and in the mood, other than our premiership medal wearing friend!!
Nothing like new material. I'm excited

dream haul for the Tigers, Turkey and Bully. :clap

heres hopin'

With pick 30, Carlton selects Nathan Murphy. Athletic medium swingman with midfield potential. Good value here as he could well go top-20 in the real deal.