PRE 2018 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2018 Phantom Draft

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Port have a made a private offer to Suns at 4.55pm
5 and 15 for 3 and 24

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
One trade I'd be considering for Carlton would be pick 1 for GWS picks 9,11,19.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Smoking Aces said:
Is that an offer I should consider?

Hasn't been approved by Footballmonk, just a potential trade I reckon could work for both clubs. If you want to make that an official offer we can do that.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
bullus_hit said:
Hasn't been approved by Footballmonk, just a potential trade I reckon could work for both clubs. If you want to make that an official offer we can do that.
No I will give it a miss.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not sure how many times I have changed my mind on this pick but looking at Carlton’s list I still feel they are light on for quality key position players. Yes the addition of McGovern will help but is he better suited down back? Personally I think so.

Curnow is a star. But can he do it all on his own? Walsh might be the best midfielder is this draft but how can you pass up on the next Nick Riewoldt? Key forwards don’t grow on trees and always take the quality tall over the quality small.

Therefore with Pick 1 Carlton select:

1. Jack Lukosius (SA)
Height, weight: 194cm, 85kg
Recruited from: Woodville West Torrens

The prototype key forward who covers the ground like Nick Riewoldt and hits targets with ease. Hurts the opposition with each touch and is one of the rare few who can break open games with his kicking from behind the centre square, finding and hitting targets no one else would recognise as being open.

He is the perfect compliment to Curnow. He has already been exposed to senior footy and will be ready to go from Round 1 next year.

Go home factor no concern at Carlton due to rich history of nurturing many SA greats.

Spine at Carlton now looking ominous with Curnow, Lukosius, Cripps, McGovern and Weitering.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Will be interesting to see how a foward line of

McKay , Curnow , Lukosius , McGovern works out

Im a massive fan of lukosius but think carlton would have opted for a mid in this situation but you picked the best player available in the draft on exposed form and lets hope he doesnt become the next Jack Watts

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Big call for GC now, do they address the spine or do they grab the best midfielders.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Gold Coast Suns selects Sam Walsh (2) & Max King (3)

2. SAM WALSH
Clubs: Geelong Falcons/Vic Country
Position: Midfield
Size: 183cm, 74kg

The Vic Country midfielder is one of the best midfield prospects in the 2018 draft, winning a stack of the footy, no matter what level he plays at. The classy mover was a standout in the Under 18 Championships, averaging 29.5 disposals and 7.0 tackles to win the Larke Medal. Walsh is favourite to take out the TAC Cup best and fairest (Morrish Medal) on Sunday due to his exceptional ball-winning abilities. The Falcons midfielder saved one of his best performances for the final round of the TAC Cup season, finishing with 37 disposals, eight inside 50s and five clearances against the Calder Cannons. He is hard to stop and he rarely has a bad game.

3. MAX KING
Clubs: Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
Position: Key Forward
Size: 201cm, 86kg

The key forward could well have been the No. 1 pick, but an ACL injury suffered while playing school football for Haileybury College will likely rule out the Victorian tall from having his name read out with the first selection. However, don’t expect King to slide too much, likely find a home inside the top 10 — likely the top five. His contested marking overhead is outstanding and his recovery when the ball hits the ground is superb. In one of his only games in 2018, King booted 8.6 in a TAC Cup game against Oakleigh. His knee rehabilitation is going well, with the tall using the facilities at St Kilda — the club that King supports — at Moorabbin.