PRE 2018 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2018 Phantom Draft

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
With Pick 5 Port Adelaide Select Connor Rozee
Half-forward/midfielder
Ht 185cm, Wt 71kg, DOB 22/1/00
From North Adelaide/South Australia

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigertime2 said:
4. Rankine

Exactly what the Saints need, challenge from here will be keeping him in Victoria.

Sammy C said:
Half-forward/midfielder

Port get their man & vindicate trading up.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Sammy C said:
Half-forward/midfielder

With Lukosius & Rankine gone most probably what the power would select imo - Good call

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
6. BEN KING
Clubs: Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
Position: Key Defender/Key Forward
Size: 201cm, 85kg

The twin brother of Max King is also set to find a home inside the top 10 come draft night. Since his brother’s injury, Ben has been a mainstay down forward, booting goals for Vic Metro in the Under 18 Championships, finishing the carnival with a four goal haul against South Australia. King had an exceptional school football season, booting over 35 goals for Haileybury College this season in the APS competition. He has returned to the TAC Cup and has been used up forward for the Dragons, but is yet to have a big impact on a game. However, he’s the type of player who could dominate come finals and turn the game in the space of 10 minutes. Like his brother, King is athletic and keeps his feet in the contest, marking well overhead and works hard at ground level.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
turk-d-tiger said:
Will be interesting to see how a foward line of

McKay , Curnow , Lukosius , McGovern works out

Im a massive fan of lukosius but think carlton would have opted for a mid in this situation but you picked the best player available in the draft on exposed form and lets hope he doesnt become the next Jack Watts
Like I said earlier McGovern is best placed playing down back. They have a bigger need there for him.

McKay is still an unknown quantity.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
toothless said:
6. B.King

Nailed it, perfect scenario for GC with Lukosius taken at 1.

For the Doggies this will be an interesting pick in the real deal but for my money you have to go best available & in my opinion there's a significant drop off in talent from pick 8 onwards. Pick 7 is really a sweet spot to be in and the guy that lands here will have some chance of being the best in the pool.

Pick 7. Bailey Smith (Sandringham Dragons 184cm, 79kg)

Smith has developed at a rate of knots this year going from attacking back flank to hardened inside ball winner. The fact that he's damaging on the outside makes him one of the best mids in this year's draft & there's some chance he rivals Sam Walsh once they hit the big time. He has leadership qualities being the captain of the Dragons, his DE is above average & he plays fast attacking football. A 44 disposal display at TAC level also indicates he's a 4 quarter player & I expect him to be a 25+ possession player at AFL level. The Doggies are stoked to get a guy who will be a walk up replacement for Luke Dahlhaus.

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
GWS - Bid on Nick Blakey. If this is matched (as I presume it will be) then we’ll take Jordan Clark.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
footballmonk said:
GWS - Bid on Nick Blakey. If this is matched (as I presume it will be) then we’ll take Jordan Clark.

Yep matched, Clark it is.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
After the bid on Nick Blakey

Port Adelaide With Pick 11 keep the home grown players going we select big-bodied midfielder Jackson Hately

Ht 190cm, Wt 81kg, DOB 21/10/00
From Central District/South Australia

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
bullus_hit said:
Yep matched, Clark it is.
thanks Bullus.
I guess that Sydney give up 26 and 33, then get back 63 ?

pick 9 equivalent for Nick Blakey is a good get

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
tigerdell said:
thanks Bullus.
I guess that Sydney give up 26 and 33, then get back 63 ?

pick 9 equivalent for Nick Blakey is a good get

Yep, that's about right with the 20% discount

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Picks going not exactly how most would have predicted but the top 11 players are probably what will eventuate in the real deal

1. Carlton - Jack Lukosius
2. Gold Coast - Sam Walsh
3. Gold Coast - Max King
4. St Kilda - Izak Rankine
5. Port Adelaide - Connor Rozee
6. Gold Coast - Ben King
7. Western Bulldogs - Bailey Smith
8. Adelaide - Jye Caldwell
9. Sydney - Nick Blakey
10. Greater Western Sydney - Jordan Clark
11. Port Adelaide - Jackson Hately

Well done gents going along smootly

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I think the matching for Thomas is a no brainer and north have planned for this with trading out their picks and accumulating points in the later rounds

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
turk-d-tiger said:
I think the matching for Thomas is a no brainer and north have planned for this with trading out their picks and accumulating points in the later rounds

What does matching at Pick 13 cost them?