Prelim Final prelude thread. Tigers v Salties | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prelim Final prelude thread. Tigers v Salties

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
This thread should double as Chris Scott salt watch.

This guy spoke for 14 min in his presser last night.

14 min of pompous *smile*. Tried to claim we are still as bad as we were when we played them earlier in the season.

Compare the pomposity of last night with hardwicks warm, respectful presence.

Chalk and cheese.

Reactions: 7 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
The Eagles lost three of their last four matches. The win was against Essendon. That's not a strong form line for the Cats, especially without Hawkins.

Get on, and book your GF flights if you're not in Victoria.

Reactions: 1 user

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
I was sitting above where that traitor Ottens was ringing the bell (lame)...... the look on his face when the booooo reached it's crescendo was, dare I say it, ....... priceless!

Hope they roll him out again for old times sake:)
it was so loud and crazy I didn't even know that there was a bell ringing ceremony going on. Precious memories!

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
everyone needs to get a ticket. When the RFC allocation is exhausted, buy tickets in the geelong section. every single seat must be taken. The noise at the QF 2017 when Geelong ran onto the ground I will never forget, 60,000 odd tigers booing, you couldnt hear them ring the bell or their club song.

This is ours.

Agree but there was easily 70,000+ at a minimum of us in that QF in 2017, it was yellow & black literally everywhere, with small pockets and bays of Cat supporters that night. The booing & atmosphere was probably the best i've been to, including the PF in 2017.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If Hawkins stays out, which I reckon he won't, because it would be a correct and consistent decision,

It will be huge.

1 less lock down, 1 more peel off.

I really hope they rush Rohan back in.

He'll be gone 5 minutes in, and they'll be forced to play the little ex-master at FF, and shorty will dismantle him

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
The Rioli incident couldn't have come at a better time for Geelong.
WCE outscored them after quarter time as well and that was without scoring a goal in the last.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm feeling a bit uneasy about this game.

Having sat at the MCG and watched Geelong humiliate us earlier in the year, my view is probably a bit clouded but I feel like this will be a tough contest.

Always worries me when the opposition has a strong tactical coach and I feel Geelong has a massive advantage in Scott v Hardwick, I felt Scott was a big factor in them beating West Coast. (Understand that won't be a popular view on here!)

We can't afford to start with any week off sluggishness, that will be the key for mine.
Totally agree, even with the anger the Scum virtually have easier opponents. It's all up to us. No gastro or whatever this time.

TigerPaul71

Tiger Cub
May 24, 2013
Just watch salty after game. we didn't have that many out last time, smug p****. ring me in 24 hours and i will answer your question.
Want us to dismantly them, clinical, destroy,
Go Tigers

Reactions: 1 users
J

Jumping Jack

Just watch salty after game. we didn't have that many out last time, smug p****. ring me in 24 hours and i will answer your question.
Want us to dismantly them, clinical, destroy,
Go Tigers

Off the top of my head, we were missing Riewoldt, Astbury and Nank, while they will be missing Hawkins and Duncan next week. Am I missing anyone of note?

I, too, also don’t won’t to just beat them... let’s do to them what we did to Adelaide.

TigerPaul71

Tiger Cub
May 24, 2013
Off the top of my head, we were missing Riewoldt, Astbury and Nank, while they will be missing Hawkins and Duncan next week. Am I missing anyone of note?

I, too, also don’t won’t to just beat them... let’s do to them what we did to Adelaide.

Rancy, cotchin

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!

Lambert was another. It’s irrelevant anyway - That was 3 months ago. Means nothing. The boys look primed to do the job. Can’t wait.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The Eagles lost three of their last four matches. The win was against Essendon. That's not a strong form line for the Cats, especially without Hawkins.

Get on, and book your GF flights if you're not in Victoria.

West coast wouldn’t have beaten us if we were in the GF last year. They were lucky they got Collingwood.
How many teams have given up a 5 goal lead in a GF and lose? 2? Hawthorn 84?

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne

We’ll have 8 changes to our Rd 12 team. They will have 4 if Hawkins doesn’t play.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
We’ll have 8 changes to our Rd 12 team. They will have 4 if Hawkins doesn’t play.
The rest of the world know that we had a virtual VFL side in that night. Scott wouldn’t because judging by his comments he only watches Geelong and doesn’t pay attention to any other players on the ground. Even with our outs we still held them for a half.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Out: In:

Garthwaite. Astbury
Balta. Broad
McIntosh Ellis
Butler. Bolton
Townsend. Nankervis
Higgins Lambert
Naish Riewoldt
Stack. Short

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I'll openly declare geelong with old last roll of the dice (reasonable skill) players pretty dangerous. They are going to go absolute all out in the knowledge this is their last chance with the window just t the tiniest crack open...