Prelim Final prelude thread. Tigers v Salties | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prelim Final prelude thread. Tigers v Salties

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Finally the chance to shut the Salties up again and send them packing.

I expect to hurt them next week. Not only are the Cats tired but you'd expect our players to be as annoyed at Salty's year long Richmond negativity. They'll want to go out and shutup the cats.

Clangerfields little Twitter jibe at Lynch last week might also add some spice.

Reactions: 1 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Finally the chance to shut the Salties up again and send them packing.

I expect to hurt them next week. Not only are the Cats tired but you'd expect our players to be as annoyed at Salty's year long Richmond negativity. They'll want to go out and shutup the cats.

Clangerfields little Twitter jibe at Lynch last week might also add some spice.

We’ve got bigger fish to fry than the Cats. Just get the job done and move on.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Weather forecast is hardly ever right a week out. Let's wait and see. Watch Geelong start referring to Cotchins 2017 incident wither whining defence of Hawkins. He has to go. Clear deliberate punch a long way off the ball. Only logical outcome. That's why he'll get off. They don't use logic.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Given the early forecast for plenty of rain on Friday and given Geelongs ruck setup, the biggest question for me this week is will both nank and soldo play?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Given the early forecast for plenty of rain on Friday and given Geelongs ruck setup, the biggest question for me this week is will both nank and soldo play?

I think they'll both play. We can get a distinct advantage which will help our clearance rate. My forecast says 58% chance of 1.6mm of rain most likely late in the evening. So not a great deal at this stage.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Bloody unfair that this is our home final yet Geelong have played ~10 games there this year including the last two.

AFL fixturing is unfair.

We should make a complaint.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
everyone needs to get a ticket. When the RFC allocation is exhausted, buy tickets in the geelong section. every single seat must be taken. The noise at the QF 2017 when Geelong ran onto the ground I will never forget, 60,000 odd tigers booing, you couldnt hear them ring the bell or their club song.

This is ours.

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
To the people going, no yelling or cheering.
You know what happened last time

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
everyone needs to get a ticket. When the RFC allocation is exhausted, buy tickets in the geelong section. every single seat must be taken. The noise at the QF 2017 when Geelong ran onto the ground I will never forget, 60,000 odd tigers booing, you couldnt hear them ring the bell or their club song.

This is ours.

I was sitting above where that traitor Ottens was ringing the bell (lame)...... the look on his face when the booooo reached it's crescendo was, dare I say it, ....... priceless!

Hope they roll him out again for old times sake:)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
A week before the Grand Final, 10-20ml of Chris Scott salt can’t be good for the ground.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Can't find the boo online. My DVD starts from opening bounce.
Anyone have a link?
It was amazing.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Once again, we are Richmond, it is very very hard for us to strut around before big games. But if it's wet, boy oh boy, we have a right to be confident.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Everytime I see Miers of Geelong it reminds me of this particular incident, which having seen it live, was possibly the biggest pre meditated dog's act I've ever witnessed on a footy field... not blaming the kid for the actions of his old man..... just another reason why I wanna beat them!

Btw... the penalty was so contrived, think conflicts of interest at tribunal level....!
In todays world. ... may never have played again! (DVFL only permit revoked iirc)

Taken from the 1990 DVFL Grand Final record regarding the David Miers incident.

"Greensborough’s David Miers was the only person amused at his 70 second fourth term spell in last Saturday’s Diamond Valley football league preliminary final when Heidelberg defeated Greensborough by 30 points and will now meet Bundoora for the league’s 64th premiership.

Miers showed his feelings by the size of his smile when field umpire Stephen Snelson told Miers that he had been reported after limping on to the field.

With his knee heavily bandaged, he limped and hopped back onto the ground and 70 secondss later was reported 3 times for striking Heidelberg's ruckman Ataata and forward D’Abaco.

Miers was unable to walk from the ground as his knee would not support the Greensborough player who had only qualified for the finals in the last 3 games of the year.

Miers was easily identified as he was sporting a mohawk haircut for the occasion, he was injured in the second term and was heavily taped when he reappeared.

The Investigation committee, on evidence presented, found that the Greensborough FC bench had no case to answer, however it was recommended that David Miers’ permit to play be withdrawn.

The Greensborough FC (Seniors, reserves and under 19’s) was placed on a $1000 bond until the end of season 1991."l

Last edited: