Preseason 2023 - The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preseason 2023 - The other games

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Who are these two numpters calling the game ?

Sam Butler has been at Hawthorn for a while has he ? He’s only been there for one year you numpter !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Are they using the the four horsemen of the apocalypse in this? I can't see it.

Hard to tell on TV but you'd think so.

Geelong look sharp as is to be expected. We are going to have to do our homework on their big boys.

Blicavs rolling into the ruck and Stanley at half back is a big key and now they are using Ratagolea in defence as well. Can't allow those big boys to smash the contest and give Stewart the chance to do as he likes.

For all the midfield talk Nankervis/Soldo/Miller are going to have a big say in how we go against Geelong.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Hard to tell on TV but you'd think so.

Geelong look sharp as is to be expected. We are going to have to do our homework on their big boys.

Blicavs rolling into the ruck and Stanley at half back is a big key and now they are using Ratagolea in defence as well. Can't allow those big boys to smash the contest and give Stewart the chance to do as he likes.

For all the midfield talk Nankervis/Soldo/Miller are going to have a big say in how we go against Geelong.
True, but the Dorks look definite bottom 4 level.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
That’s a pretty strong team Geelong have put out there - ex Hawkins and Duncan which is understandable.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
This time of year really emphasises how hard premierships are to win.

You look at Geelong now who would be premiership favourites and they look sharp and fit and ready to go.

There is so much to play out over the weeks and months to come though, so many variables and uncontrollable aspects.

As a club they have done everything you possible can at this point to win but they almost just have to hang on and hope for the best now. It's why I think premierships are a really poor measure of success on lots of measures.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This time of year really emphasises how hard premierships are to win.

You look at Geelong now who would be premiership favourites and they look sharp and fit and ready to go.

There is so much to play out over the weeks and months to come though, so many variables and uncontrollable aspects.

As a club they have done everything you possible can at this point to win but they almost just have to hang on and hope for the best now. It's why I think premierships are a really poor measure of success on lots of measures.
Isn't that the main aim of every club? Bias aside, the way we did it in 2020 was the biggest applause I'd give.

Geelong could look as impressive as Melbourne did to halfway last season, but need to prove they can hang on to win another flag....as we did 3 in 4 years.....which is why I still think we are the benchmark.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Isn't that the main aim of every club?

Absolutely, but I think we pin far too much significance on it as a measure of success, especially of individuals.

Coaches, players, basically everyone who touches a flag is elevated and those who don't are sort of put down the pecking order when the reality is you can do almost everything possible right and still not win one, they are that hard to get.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Absolutely, but I think we pin far too much significance on it as a measure of success, especially of individuals.

Coaches, players, basically everyone who touches a flag is elevated and those who don't are sort of put down the pecking order when the reality is you can do almost everything possible right and still not win one, they are that hard to get.
That’s exactly what someone who has never won a premiership would say.

Dud. Delist.

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Pretty sure GC suns lead the competition in litres of gatorade consumed?

I'm pretty sure that's wrong Ezy. Even allowing for the temperature advantage that would lead to more hydration, they haven't played enough games to compete due to a lack of finals.

As an astute punter I'd have thought you'd see Brisbane are 1.01.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm pretty sure that's wrong Ezy. Even allowing for the temperature advantage that would lead to more hydration, they haven't played enough games to compete due to a lack of finals.

As an astute punter I'd have thought you'd see Brisbane are 1.01.
Na, they drink bathwater.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users