Preseason 2023 - The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preseason 2023 - The other games

I’m afraid Ollie Henry looking very good

Yep he looks classy as did Bowes and a few others. They have a bunch of very good kids unfortunately and look like they'll continue to be a force for a while yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Absolutely, but I think we pin far too much significance on it as a measure of success, especially of individuals.

Coaches, players, basically everyone who touches a flag is elevated and those who don't are sort of put down the pecking order when the reality is you can do almost everything possible right and still not win one, they are that hard to get.
St Kilda ten years ago spring to mind.
So close to being amazing heros/legends of the game.
Not winning tarnished some reputations

Reactions: 1 user
It's impossible to watch games that we aren't in.
Watched 2 mins of the hawthorn Geelong game.
Hawthorn are a reserves side.
And is Essendon flag favourites after there massive 5 point win.
Ohh Alwyn Daveys son snapped a goal.
Exciting times

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Yep he looks classy as did Bowes and a few others. They have a bunch of very good kids unfortunately and look like they'll continue to be a force for a while yet.
Think that might be right. A lot of their best players yesterday were their younger ones. And they have a few more sitting in the VFL with Clark and co.

Arsendon. Well, they were just Arsendon again.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I’m afraid Ollie Henry looking very good
I thought he showed plenty at Collingwood. Great pair of hands. He was the pick of the bunch across everyone they traded in last year, even Bowes.
But, but, Dads Army? Myth?

maybe, just maybe, people should wait for real football to start before reading too much into things.

Yupp wait until at least round 6 to assess but more likely assess at the bye rounds as to who is performing. The grind starts getting tough about then

The Saints look awful.

I'm very happy we had a good hard workout today, rather than a complete demolition. We should get another hard workout by the Dees next week. Good prep for the season IMO.

Reactions: 4 users
Said a few times this off season that Melbourne were looking sharp - and they are. They’re a bit more advanced than us and I won’t be surprised if we get a touch up next week given all our injuries and under done players. Meh anyway.