President John O’Rourke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

President John O’Rourke

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
If I was him I'd be demanding to know where the leak came from.
40+ players (and assumedly close family) plus a range of other staff members/board members etc were told yesterday. It is realy not surprising the media found out. this is not a leak i think they should be spending too much time worrying about.

Reactions: 7 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
40+ players (and assumedly close family) plus a range of other staff members/board members etc were told yesterday. It is realy not surprising the media found out. this is not a leak i think they should be spending too much time worrying about.

If thats correct OK, I got the impression the players haven't been told yet, not until this morning.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
to me this is not a great scoop, nor a leak to be investigated

once the memo goes out, its almost impossible to keep it contained

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Spoke alright
Not sure about it.
He said alot of fans will turn up on Saturday we play on Sunday and then he said Gale started after Dimma.
Gale was there before Dimma got the job.
Sounded at times really nervous..
Not as clean and precise as Peggy.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Have been wondering how Hardwick's exit impacts on Gale.
Maybe he's going to postpone some exit plans of his own to help keep RFC steady ... or maybe he will soon be departing ... afl football manager?? Tassie side CEO?? Corporate world??
Just hope he is able to stick around for a while. The Club needs Gale's steady hand on the tiller.
But, like with Hardwick, I wouldn't begrudge anything if he chose to make an exit of his own making.
Champion fella, amazing administrator and connector, and an absolute legend of RFC.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Have been wondering how Hardwick's exit impacts on Gale.
Maybe he's going to postpone some exit plans of his own to help keep RFC steady ... or maybe he will soon be departing ... afl football manager?? Tassie side CEO?? Corporate world??
Just hope he is able to stick around for a while. The Club needs Gale's steady hand on the tiller.
But, like with Hardwick, I wouldn't begrudge anything if he chose to make an exit of his own making.
Champion fella, amazing administrator and connector, and an absolute legend of RFC.
I think Brendons next big task will be the redevelopment.
that’s what O’ROurke stated.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I think Brendons next big task will be the redevelopment.
that’s what O’ROurke stated.
Yes.
Just wondering whether Gale, because of the situation the Club now finds itself in with Hardwick's exit, will put aside his own ambitions to ensure continuity and a steady hand as Club works hard to prevent the season imploding.
As an aside, I was very intrigued by Gale's demeanour and body language for much of Hardwick's press conference. Lots could have been read into it.

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Feel sorry for Benny. Probably been trying to hand in his resignation for 12 months but someone else always beats him to it. No doubt he’ll be next cab off the rank in time. He looked exhausted at the presser

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Interesting JOR said that Hooch had been selfless and generous in terms of setting his own personal arrangements with the club in order to keep staff. Taking less than market rate etc. etc. Very clear around that I thought.

That would put to bed one or two posters claims that Hooch had been the opposite, wouldn’t accept a pay cut and staff resources suffered as a result.

Reactions: 9 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Interesting JOR said that Hooch had been selfless and generous in terms of setting his own personal arrangements with the club in order to keep staff. Taking less than market rate etc. etc. Very clear around that I thought.

That would put to bed one or two posters claims that Hooch had been the opposite, wouldn’t accept a pay cut and staff resources suffered as a result.
blown that schtick out the window.
the bloke was selfless.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I think it's a fair question to ask John why he's happy for the AFL to tread all over our season opener with Carlton & is he happy for members to keep going on a Thursday night in round 2 each year?

It's a bum deal for our members.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I think it's a fair question to ask John why he's happy for the AFL to tread all over our season opener with Carlton & is he happy for members to keep going on a Thursday night in round 2 each year?

It's a bum deal for our members.
There is always a price to be paid for speaking out against AFL HQ. Be to critical too too often and we could find ourselves with six home games at Marvel Stadium before too long.

Pick your battles.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
There is always a price to be paid for speaking out against AFL HQ. Be to critical too too often and we could find ourselves with six home games at Marvel Stadium before too long.

Pick your battles.
It's two times in 3 years they've dumped on our 'traditional opener'. I'd hope John is pressing our case against it at the very least.
The 'round zero' euphemism for Round 1 is no longer an acceptable situation for Richmond members to go on Thursday nights each year when we no longer open the season. Either ditch the Carlton game or go back to how it was but this is weak & having a bob each way.

Reactions: 6 users