Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

Grundy would be a deserving winner has effectively carried Collingwood all year.

As long as Danger flog doesnt win it the campaigner.

Am still dirty on Fyfe for his sniping and injuring Jack Ross.

Neale will go close.

The Bont would be a worthy winner also as would Cripps but I dont want anything for Blues ferals to be bragging about.

Noone from West Coast has dominated enough this year to win, maybe Shuey and Yeo will be their major vote getters.

Can anyone think of someone to surprise and pinch it ala Priddis, who I had actually forgot had won the Brownlow until reminded today

Prestia is a huge chance. We won as many games as anyone else. Cant see the umpires giving Dusty many. If they dont give Dusty votes Prestia will win.

The Brownlow is becoming more irrelevant as every year passes, and I have found myself really not giving much of a stuff about it or who wins it.

Reactions: 1 users
Brownlow voting, Richmond without Dusty, he's paying $1.65 for the most votes. Is this just a licence to print money?

Bachar Houli came second after Dusty.

Decided to quote this in the hopes that maybe even 1 person out there decides to turn away from gambling in the future.

Gambling is stupid.

How much money did people waste last night..?

I haven’t lost a dollar in my life to gambling, and there’s no reason why anyone else should throw money down the drain either by thinking they can outsmart the bookies in a dance of stupidity.

The only guaranteed odds you’ll find is the fact that every single person who gambles is guaranteed to lose money over time.

Stupid pro-gambling “gamble responsibly” attitudes are literally attitudes that were bought by gambling companies.

What percentage of posters shame those who gamble?
What percentages of posters encourage those who gamble?
Why?

The amount of money that has tipped these scales heavily in the favour of getting people to encourage gambling is astronomical.

I hope gamblers don’t take this personally, I just believe the right thing to do is to shame all who gamble and go against this sickening, sponsored, culutural norm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Bachar Houli came second after Dusty.

Decided to quote this in the hopes that maybe even 1 person out there decides to turn away from gambling in the future.

Gambling is stupid.

I don't gamble but really if adults want too that's their prerogative, though the damage gambling addiction does is well known.

What *smile* me though is the mass saturation of gambling when the AFL is talked about. Everything is in Odds, cross to bookies for best bets to place. Even today the airwaves were flooded about multis gone wrong.

Kids are influenced and drawn to gambling as a result. That's a recipe for disaster as I learned the hard way when I was 17. It's a blight on the game. If punters want to punt, they know where they can find the odds and best bets. It doesn't need to be force fed to everyone with an interest in the AFL.

But not really a discussion for the Prestia thread.

Reactions: 4 users
I don't gamble but really if adults want too that's their prerogative, though the damage gambling addiction does is well known.

What *smile* me though is the mass saturation of gambling when the AFL is talked about. Everything is in Odds, cross to bookies for best bets to place. Even today the airwaves were flooded about multis gone wrong.

Kids are influenced and drawn to gambling as a result. That's a recipe for disaster as I learned the hard way when I was 17. It's a blight on the game. If punters want to punt, they know where they can find the odds and best bets. It doesn't need to be force fed to everyone with an interest in the AFL.

But not really a discussion for the Prestia thread.

I was proud of Richmond for promoting “we’re against gambling advertisements in sport” recently. Benny Gale can do no wrong in my book.

Great club, great leaders - and Dion is one of them. Prestia + Lynch were arguably Gold Coast’s top 2 leaders since inception, we’ve become successful largely in part due to good values.

A benefit of elite sport in society is the inspiration they can provide people who watch, as fans want to be more like them.

When the best team is filled with good people and the club is actively campaigning against harmful cultural norms such as pro-gambling attitudes, it makes the world a better place.

Thus, Richmond is making the world a better place, while GWS is a dark, sombre story of being born talented.

That’s why it’s best for society if Richmond wins the flag and Prestia wins the Norm Smith :D

Reactions: 1 user