Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I was proud of Richmond for promoting “we’re against gambling advertisements in sport” recently. Benny Gale can do no wrong in my book.

Great club, great leaders - and Dion is one of them. Prestia + Lynch were arguably Gold Coast’s top 2 leaders since inception, we’ve become successful largely in part due to good values.

A benefit of elite sport in society is the inspiration they can provide people who watch, as fans want to be more like them.

When the best team is filled with good people and the club is actively campaigning against harmful cultural norms such as pro-gambling attitudes, it makes the world a better place.

Thus, Richmond is making the world a better place, while GWS is a dark, sombre story of being born talented.

That’s why it’s best for society if Richmond wins the flag and Prestia wins the Norm Smith :D

Let's not forget, 123, that RFC still makes a bucket (millions) of dollars each year from owning poker machine licences.
The Club is yet to abandon its part yet nevertheless significant reliance on gambling income.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Let's not forget, 123, that RFC still makes a bucket (millions) of dollars each year from owning poker machine licences.
The Club is yet to abandon its part yet nevertheless significant reliance on gambling income.

I’m happy about that. I’m all for freedom, so that means gambling will exist and some people will need to profit from gambling. It’s best if those profits go to an organisation that is actively campaigning against gambling.

Anyway, the only numbers I want to see this weekend is a scoreline in favour of the mighty Tigers!

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I’m happy about that. I’m all for freedom, so that means gambling will exist and some people will need to profit from gambling. It’s best if those profits go to an organisation that is actively campaigning against gambling.

Anyway, the only numbers I want to see this weekend is a scoreline in favour of the mighty Tigers!

Fair enough, 123. We all have our opinions.
I guess it doesn't sit well with me that the Club I love is taking money from the people who, generally, are the ones who can ill-afford to lose their hard-earned.
Just wish RFC had nothing to do with generating income/revenue from gambling. But maybe I am in the minority on this.

Reactions: 2 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
This young man is a gun player, we played a remarkable card the day we got Prestia to believe in the RFC. So smooth is he.
Gambling aint for me but not concerned about the freedom to choose, each to their own.
Go Dion and go tigers.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I hope gamblers don’t take this personally, I just believe the right thing to do is to shame all who gamble and go against this sickening, sponsored, culutural norm.
Just gotta love the self righteous holy rollers.
My life, my work. my money. If I decide to spend twenty bucks on a pokie, or fifty bucks on a horse what the *smile* gives you the right to prance around trying to shame me with your puritan *smile*.
Just look after your own life n get your long pointy nose out of mine.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Just gotta love the self righteous holy rollers.
My life, my work. my money. If I decide to spend twenty bucks on a pokie, or fifty bucks on a horse what the **** gives you the right to prance around trying to shame me with your puritan ****.
Just look after your own life n get your long pointy nose out of mine.

You might be well-adjusted about it, but there’s a lot of other people who don’t know why they end up betting.

Just want everyone to be happy and free to make their own decisions.

Too many manipulative strategies are used to taint our freedom to decide for ourselves

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
I saw some stats that suggested Dion went better when tagged.

Found it... It was on Gil Central.

Article called "Stats Files: How will each team win the Grand Final?"

Sub heading was "Which Tiger should Giants stopper Matt de Boer tag? "

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bachar Houli came second after Dusty.

Decided to quote this in the hopes that maybe even 1 person out there decides to turn away from gambling in the future.

Gambling is stupid.

I agree with most of your post, but the fred nile tone is a bit lost on me.

My personal approach , which is by no means for everyone, is a kind of a contra-fiscal direct action against bookmakers.

But yeah i agree the normalisation of gambling in our society through saturation ads and sponsorship is evil.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
But yeah i agree the normalisation of gambling in our society through saturation ads and sponsorship is evil.

Agree, Easy
Also don't like the way footy commentators refer to the odds when giving their tips for the match.
Doesn't make sense to me.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Come close to winning the JD Medal !

Reckon the JDM is Prestia's this year after a mighty fine season of excellent footy.
Nothing better than being the JDM in a premiership season. What an accolade to carry into perpetuity.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Season of consistency at the highest level - bit like Edwards was, he sorta walks in the shadows of our stars but he is actually one of them.

Finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Reactions: 2 users