Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

Been saying it all year.
He's been our best midfielder over our successful period but the drop off has been marked & is a key reason for our woes.
He's only 30. Still should be playing good footy..
One thing to get Hopper & Taranto to add to the mix & improve things. Another thing altogether if having to pick up the slack.
Hopefully the week off refreshes the Meatball.:confused:

Reactions: 7 users
He hasn't been rested he has been dropped.
His form has been off all year. And the lack of run and chase has cost him a game against his old mob.
While Sidebottom and Penderbury have a new yest of life, our older players have headbutted a brick wall.
Injured his pec just before the start of the season. Is down on form a little bit, but is not playing as poorly as some are making out.

Reactions: 2 users
As TOO has posted. Hopefully has been carrying a niggle and this gets him right. His normal exquisite decision making and releasing of other players into space has been missing. Some of his turnovers by hand this year have been shambolic.

Ross has been starring in VFL and while Ross' best is nowhere near Prestia's best (obviously) I don't think his output will be a downgrade vs Prestia's current output. Be interesting selection following week if Ross does really well at AFL level. I'd imagine another Cotchin rest to get ready for Geelong the following week.

Reactions: 1 users
Hardwick mentioned in his presser he has been carrying something but as we are so thin on the ground he put his hand up to play

Hardwick mentioned in his presser he has been carrying something but as we are so thin on the ground he put his hand up to play
What, you mean Prestia's not had a dummy spit and is not disinterested in playing anymore?
Surely this is just media propaganda by Dimma, to hide the festering malaise in the playing group before he too walks away disinterested and stoned!

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
What, you mean Prestia's not had a dummy spit and is not disinterested in playing anymore?
Surely this is just media propaganda by Dimma, to hide the festering malaise in the playing group before he too walks away disinterested and stoned!
Yeh ........... Na

Will use the West Coast game as a tune up for Geelong.
If we win the next two games and don’t cop injuries -
We Will Beat Geelong for Dion…

Reactions: 1 user
Damaged the pec during the practice games then a few weeks back got dragged down in a heavy tackle that saw him hobbling for the rest of the match. Was bloody surprised he saw out the game n fronted up the next week.
Pretty sure he mentioned in an interview before the Anzac game he'd be getting a rotation rest soon. With all our injuries this year it's no surprise he's been carrying some niggles n operating at half rat power.

Damaged the pec during the practice games then a few weeks back got dragged down in a heavy tackle that saw him hobbling for the rest of the match. Was bloody surprised he saw out the game n fronted up the next week.
Pretty sure he mentioned in an interview before the Anzac game he'd be getting a rotation rest soon. With all our injuries this year it's no surprise he's been carrying some niggles n operating at half rat power.
Then give him time to recover
What's with us playing players injured
Footscary rest and wait before they select them.
Weightman and now Smith have had extended periods on the side lines.
Don't destroy the bloke.
He has been as useful as me playing. Absolutely Shithouse

Don't destroy the bloke.
Agreed.
Wouldn’t surprise me if he misses two games.
His niggle looks more than general soreness to me

Don't destroy the bloke.
Yep seems we stuffed this one up. Has been horrible with decision making and skill execution this year. Surely after you see that for a week you pull the pin and inject another kid and get him right. His best is sublime.

Yep seems we stuffed this one up. Has been horrible with decision making and skill execution this year. Surely after you see that for a week you pull the pin and inject another kid and get him right. His best is sublime.
We've had 9 kids in the side, so no wonder Dimma is picking senior players who arent 100%.

Its the AFL, many players would have niggles and creaks each week. Most have gotta play through it
That said glad he is getting a rest. Hope its 2 weeks so he is extra fresh

Reactions: 4 users
Prestia is a star. Been our best mid for a while now.

He has not been playing like a star but let’s not engage in hyperbole. He has been ok, it is just that ok is well down on his lofty standards.

Prestia is a star. Been our best mid for a while now.

He has not been playing like a star but let’s not engage in hyperbole. He has been ok, it is just that ok is well down on his lofty standards.
Hasn’t had 1 top 3 best on grounds this year.
That’s very unusual for him.
You can see him labouring over the ball. Can’t pick it up and can’t get to the next contest.
But he’s a champion and will get back to what we all know he can do

Don't destroy the bloke.
So how many players have the Woofers had out injured this season???? Just in case ya hadn't noticed recently zippers, we've had something like 13 or 14 players unavailable through injury in recent weeks, pretty sure that works out to near enough a third of the list completely unavailable. It sometimes means you've no choice but to try n carry an injured player rather than a complete nuffy.

We've had 9 kids in the side, so no wonder Dimma is picking senior players who arent 100%.

Its the AFL, many players would have niggles and creaks each week. Most have gotta play through it
That said glad he is getting a rest. Hope its 2 weeks so he is extra fresh
I get the logic. Clearly though a torn pec is making it tough. Unfortunately with only one W it has cost us. Hindsight is easy though.

So how many players have the Woofers had out injured this season???? Just in case ya hadn't noticed recently zippers, we've had something like 13 or 14 players unavailable through injury in recent weeks, pretty sure that works out to near enough a third of the list completely unavailable. It sometimes means you've no choice but to try n carry an injured player rather than a complete nuffy.
We have 7 AFL listed players named in the vfl side this week. One of them will be the sub so we will play 6.

The last two matches our vfl side has included 4 and 5 listed players respectively.

That's a big injury list by any standard, essentially a third of our list