Prestia !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prestia !!

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
Can’t celebrate Prestia’s career without mentioning his contribution to the greatest goal in RFC history. Fun starts at 5:49.

That is my all time favourite goal. Not just for the brilliant play but the stage of the game. The scores were close and Geelong were pushing hard at that point.
Dusty wasn't having any of it, he turned a 50/50 contest into a brilliant goal and he just kept going . He wasn't going to lose another final and the team followed his example . It was the start of a dynasty!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Brian H

Tiger Cub
Jul 26, 2013
That is my all time favourite goal. Not just for the brilliant play but the stage of the game. The scores were close and Geelong were pushing hard at that point.
Dusty wasn't having any of it, he turned a 50/50 contest into a brilliant goal and he just kept going . He wasn't going to lose another final and the team followed his example . It was the start of a dynasty!
I will always love that goal - it was the play that changed 37 years of mediocrity

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Congrats Dion

Champion rover, tiger immortal.

and the greatest amd most decorated crock who ever pulled on footy boots in the history of the world

Towers over Clark Keating.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Catalyst in our recent golden era. May not be finished yet IF he can get the body to stand up a little better than in recent times.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Can’t celebrate Prestia’s career without mentioning his contribution to the greatest goal in RFC history. Fun starts at 5:49.

wow. I know its Dions thread,

but you can't watch that without being in awe of Trent Cotchin.

*smile* me

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
wow. I know its Dions thread,

but you can't watch that without being in awe of Trent Cotchin.

*smile* me
Thinking the same thing……my best memory from the 3 flags I think. Brilliant effort…..Not to take anything away from Dion who has been awesome despite his body letting him down at times.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
He is in my top 5 all favourites recruits to the club.
1. Tarranto
2. Caddy
3. Lynch
4. Townsend
5. Prestia

1. Peter McCormack
2. Wally Lovett
3. Neil Peart
4. Terry Keays
5. Craig Stewart

Gee I miss the trade war days with Lollingwood

Last edited:
  • Haha

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
How dumb are the AFL?? asking people not to Boo. its inviting people to Boo for no other reason than a big UP YOURS!!

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
'Show him respect': Tigers urge fans to not boo Stewart - https://www.afl.com.au/news/922659

OMG,

I honestly didnt think this level of stupidity was possible.

massive oversimplification. classic, complete, disregard for cultural nuance, that isn't even nuanced.

lets do the most basic of deconstructions and see what we come with here;

1. Adam Goodes, who was ultimately booed into retirement, The watershed booing example, was called an Ape by Collingwood fans and Hierarchy.
2. Nicky winter was jeered by Collingwood fans
3 Buddy Franklin was booed by Collingwood fans.

Oh, and look! what a remarkable coincidence! all three are aboriginal. First Nations. black. indigenous.

and none of them ever belted a Collingwood player off the ball.

Gee, I wonder what process is in play there? Collingwood? Black? hmmmmmmmmmm

'we'd respect them, if only they could be more like white people'. said the President of The Collingwood Football Club

BUT!

Richmond fans potentially booing arguably THE whitest man in the league,

who ran past the ball to elbow the littlest and most in-form man on their team last time they met

is the same?

all to the sound of chirping crickets while we wait for the Hawthorn Racism report that's 6 months overdue?

sometimes, I wonder why I get out of *smile* bed in the morning

if I was going to the G tomorrow night,

id end up with an acute oesophageal contusion from booing this filthy *smile*.

and I'd sleep the sleep of an honest man

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
He is in my top 5 all favourites recruits to the club.
1. Tarranto
2. Caddy
3. Lynch
4. Townsend
5. Prestia
1. Robbie McGhie - just for the entertainment value
2. Lynch - would not have played in the grand final in 2019 without him
3. Prestia- star, massively underrated in AFL land
4. Nathan Brown - Robin to Batman
5. Sugar Kane- because everyone forgets about him, captained the club

special mention to Barry Rowlings and Woosha Welsh

Reactions: 2 users
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
'Show him respect': Tigers urge fans to not boo Stewart - https://www.afl.com.au/news/922659
Journos need to listen more carefully sometimes before they paraphrase, because Dimma said ‘…all I'll say is give him the respect he deserves.’

Can’t argue with that.

And Dion said:
"I know that’s not in his demeanour at all [but] honestly, I thought he should have got more," he said.
"I look at different incidents that happen throughout the season and think he should have got more, but it is what it is”.

Don’t have to read very hard between the lines to figure out Dion thinks it was a dog act.

Interesting.

Reactions: 4 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Journos need to listen more carefully sometimes before they paraphrase, because Dimma said ‘…all I'll say is give him the respect he deserves.’

Can’t argue with that.

And Dion said:
"I know that’s not in his demeanour at all [but] honestly, I thought he should have got more," he said.
"I look at different incidents that happen throughout the season and think he should have got more, but it is what it is”.

Don’t have to read very hard between the lines to figure out Dion thinks it was a dog act.

Interesting.

Well I think Dion is correct

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
1. Robbie McGhie - just for the entertainment value
2. Lynch - would not have played in the grand final in 2019 without him
3. Prestia- star, massively underrated in AFL land
4. Nathan Brown - Robin to Batman
5. Sugar Kane- because everyone forgets about him, captained the club

special mention to Barry Rowlings and Woosha Welsh
1. Broderick
2. Lynch
3. Prestia
4. Brown
5. Nank

Hoping Taranto pushes someone out of that list then he will have to have been amazing for us.